aaa_elflibs.... deleted, locked out :-( - Slackware

This is a discussion on aaa_elflibs.... deleted, locked out :-( - Slackware ; Dear all I managed to do "removepkg aaa_elflibs" on a server and locked myself out :-( Netzwerk-terms brought "libterm..so... not found". I tried logging into the console - with the same result. I cannot login any more. I booted from ...

  1. aaa_elflibs.... deleted, locked out :-(

    Dear all

    I managed to do "removepkg aaa_elflibs" on a server and locked myself
    out :-(

    Netzwerk-terms brought "libterm..so... not found". I tried logging into
    the console - with the same result. I cannot login any more.

    I booted from the CD (Slackware 11.0, that is the version running)
    mounted / and did "tar xzvf aaa_elflibgs...tgz -C /mnt".

    That goes, but still I can't login.

    Any ideas?

    VR

  2. Re: aaa_elflibs.... deleted, locked out :-(

    In article <473d72e0$0$5747$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>,
    Visvanath Ratnaweera wrote:

    > I managed to do "removepkg aaa_elflibs" on a server and locked myself
    > out :-(

    Oops.

    > I booted from the CD (Slackware 11.0, that is the version running)
    > mounted / and did "tar xzvf aaa_elflibgs...tgz -C /mnt".
    >
    > That goes, but still I can't login.

    You need to use installpkg so the install script is executed, like this:

    # installpkg -root /mnt aaa_elflibs-*.tgz

    Good luck.

    - M.

  3. Re: aaa_elflibs.... deleted, locked out :-(

    Hi Martin

    Am 2007-11-16 15:59, Martijn Dekker schrieb:
    > In article <473d72e0$0$5747$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>,
    > Visvanath Ratnaweera wrote:
    >
    >> I managed to do "removepkg aaa_elflibs" on a server and locked myself
    >> out :-(

    >> I booted from the CD (Slackware 11.0, that is the version running)
    >> mounted / and did "tar xzvf aaa_elflibgs...tgz -C /mnt".
    >>

    > You need to use installpkg so the install script is executed, like this:
    >
    > # installpkg -root /mnt aaa_elflibs-*.tgz

    Thanks for the help! I'll try that once I have access to the server
    on Monday.

    regards
    VR

  4. Re: aaa_elflibs.... deleted, locked out :-(

    In article <473e8c5f$1_6@news.bluewin.ch>,
    Visvanath Ratnaweera wrote:

    > Am 2007-11-16 15:59, Martijn Dekker schrieb:
    > > You need to use installpkg so the install script is executed, like this:
    > >
    > > # installpkg -root /mnt aaa_elflibs-*.tgz

    > Thanks for the help! I'll try that once I have access to the server
    > on Monday.

    So, did it work?

    - M., curious

  5. Re: aaa_elflibs.... deleted, locked out :-(

    Hi Martijn

    Am 2007-11-20 13:59, Martijn Dekker schrieb:
    > In article <473e8c5f$1_6@news.bluewin.ch>,
    > Visvanath Ratnaweera wrote:
    >
    >> Am 2007-11-16 15:59, Martijn Dekker schrieb:
    >>> You need to use installpkg so the install script is executed, like this:
    >>>
    >>> # installpkg -root /mnt aaa_elflibs-*.tgz

    >> Thanks for the help! I'll try that once I have access to the server
    >> on Monday.

    > So, did it work?

    Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!

    (I tried it only today midday, there were some time constraints.)

    regards
    Visvanath

  6. Re: aaa_elflibs.... deleted, locked out :-(

    In article <4742f2a9$0$3811$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>,
    Visvanath Ratnaweera wrote:

    > Hi Martijn
    >
    > Am 2007-11-20 13:59, Martijn Dekker schrieb:
    > > In article <473e8c5f$1_6@news.bluewin.ch>,
    > > Visvanath Ratnaweera wrote:

    > >> Thanks for the help! I'll try that once I have access to the server
    > >> on Monday.

    > > So, did it work?

    > Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!

    Good.

    Note that this will have overwritten some security updates. For
    instance, libpng is duplicated in aaa_elflibs, so for optimal security
    you should now reinstall the recently issued libpng security update. I'm
    not sure but there are probably a few others as well.

    So you might want to go through the list of library files in
    /var/log/packages/aaa_elflibs* and if there are security updates for any
    of those libs, reinstall the corresponding packages.

    - Martijn

+ Reply to Thread