serial mouse problem using X - Slackware

This is a discussion on serial mouse problem using X - Slackware ; Hi, I recently installed Slackware 11 on an old pc with 32 MB RAM and a serial mouse. The mouse is configured with the "-t msc" option. While not in graphical mode I can use the mouse fine using e.g. ...

  1. serial mouse problem using X

    Hi,

    I recently installed Slackware 11 on an old pc with 32 MB RAM and a
    serial mouse. The mouse is configured with the "-t msc" option. While
    not in graphical mode I can use the mouse fine using e.g. the
    links-browser. However, when I start fluxbox, the mouse-cursor only
    stays visible until I move the mouse. Then I see the cursor moving off
    the screen very fast and not coming back. What could be wrong?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: serial mouse problem using X

    Huub wrote :

    > What could be wrong?

    You are probably using the wrong protocol for your mouse in
    /etc/X11/xorg.conf. My guess is that you should use:
    Option "Protocol" "MouseSystems"
    --
    Thomas O.

  3. Re: serial mouse problem using X

    > You are probably using the wrong protocol for your mouse in
    > /etc/X11/xorg.conf. My guess is that you should use:
    > Option "Protocol" "MouseSystems"

    Yes, that did it. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread