version 12.0; ppp-go fails - Slackware

This is a discussion on version 12.0; ppp-go fails - Slackware ; I've verified that the modem is on /dev/ttyS4. Report from ppp-go says "unrecognized option in /etc/ppp/options". But when I look /dev/ttyS4 is there. ppp-go runs fine from version 10.2 on another disk on the same machine. What stupid mistakes might ...

  1. version 12.0; ppp-go fails

    I've verified that the modem is on /dev/ttyS4. Report from ppp-go says
    "unrecognized option in /etc/ppp/options". But when I look /dev/ttyS4 is
    there. ppp-go runs fine from version 10.2 on another disk on the same
    machine. What stupid mistakes might I be making? Nobody else seems to be
    reporting this trouble!

    Tom Weilepp
    tomw@halcyon.com
    Shelton, WA

  2. Re: version 12.0; ppp-go fails

    tomw (tomw@halcyon.com) writes:
    > I've verified that the modem is on /dev/ttyS4. Report from ppp-go says
    > "unrecognized option in /etc/ppp/options". But when I look /dev/ttyS4 is
    > there. ppp-go runs fine from version 10.2 on another disk on the same
    > machine. What stupid mistakes might I be making? Nobody else seems to be
    > reporting this trouble!

    Are you running it from root or a user account?

    I don't feel like trying to remember exactly what happened, but when I
    was fiddling with it about a month ago, some of the options could not
    be in options when running from a user account.

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread