    removed from all future distros of slack?

    John Culleton

  2. Re: Cryptdir doesn't work

    On 2007-11-15, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    > It appears that the program cryptdir, included in the Slack distro,
    > doesn't work and hasn't worked since before 2000. Should it not be
    > removed from all future distros of slack?

    John,

    it works for me. In what sense does it not work for you?

    Maybe you are concerned that you don't have a program called "crypt"?
    If that is the case, all you need to do is to supply such a program.
    Having done that, cryptdir is as useful as it ever was.

    Jim

  3. Re: Cryptdir doesn't work

    On Nov 15, 6:04 pm, Jim Diamond
    wrote:
    > On 2007-11-15, j...@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    >
    > > It appears that the program cryptdir, included in the Slack distro,
    > > doesn't work and hasn't worked since before 2000. Should it not be
    > > removed from all future distros of slack?

    > John,
    >
    > it works for me. In what sense does it not work for you?
    >
    > Maybe you are concerned that you don't have a program called "crypt"?
    > If that is the case, all you need to do is to supply such a program.
    > Having done that, cryptdir is as useful as it ever was.
    >
    > Jim

    Well then we have another anomaly: Slack distributes cryptdir which
    depends on the program crypt which is not distributed AFAIK. There is
    a C language function called crypt.

    Is this a case of roll your own or do without?

    John C.

+ Reply to Thread