SO what's the consensus re: 12 - Slackware

This is a discussion on SO what's the consensus re: 12 - Slackware ; Ottavio Caruso wrote: > > If it were for you there would be no bug reports, tech support, > post install assistance and the likes, just RTFM and there you go. Well, he was the primary player in getting the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. Re: SO what's the consensus re: 12

    Ottavio Caruso wrote:

    > If it were for you there would be no bug reports, tech support,
    > post install assistance and the likes, just RTFM and there you go.

    Well, he was the primary player in getting the good book updated - the
    only one who stuck with it and finished it - now published.

    > You're on your way to be the next Dan C.

    He was on this group long before Dan C.

    - Kurt

  2. Re: SO what's the consensus re: 12

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:52:23 -0700, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

    > If it were for you there would be no bug reports, tech support,
    > post install assistance and the likes, just RTFM and there you go.

    Not a bad idea.

    > You're on your way to be the next Dan C.

    Who is this n00b, posting from Google Gropes?

    Bugger off, n00b.

  3. Re: SO what's the consensus re: 12

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:52:23 -0700, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

    > +Alan Hicks+ wrote:
    >>
    >> Honestly if some one can't read UPGRADE.TXT and then upgrade their 11.0
    >> box to 12.0, they need to go back to grammar school and pay attention
    >> during the "following instructions" part.

    > If it were for you there would be no bug reports, tech support, post
    > install assistance and the likes, just RTFM and there you go.

    And here you are, posting this to someone you couldn't even say WTFM ;D)

    > You're on your way to be the next Dan C.

    Now you're going too far, try and menace us that they'd be another Dan,
    at least make it a steely one and let this C sharp.

  4. Re: SO what's the consensus re: 12

  5. Re: SO what's the consensus re: 12

    +Alan Hicks+ says:

    pgp trash troll delete

    Bugger off, Hicks. You're not wanted around here. You have nothing
    to offer, beyond dissension.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  6. Re: SO what's the consensus re: 12

    In article <13goeoq7lss2o5e@corp.supernews.com>,
    ~kurt wrote:

    > Ottavio Caruso wrote:
    > >
    > > If it were for you there would be no bug reports, tech support,
    > > post install assistance and the likes, just RTFM and there you go.

    > Well, he was the primary player in getting the good book updated - the
    > only one who stuck with it and finished it - now published.
    >

    > > You're on your way to be the next Dan C.

    > He was on this group long before Dan C.

    Dan C. is the alpha-dog of the pack of wild dogs that seek to dominate
    this group. He's sort of an institution here... indeed is probably the
    stereotype of the Slackware user... uncouth, uncivilized, and probably
    unwashed. Still, you have to admire him. He (like RM) has been able to
    stay cloaked even after some of the best techno-sleuths have tried to
    'out' him (them).

    Dan gives this group a certain 'character' and 'flavor.' These days he
    provides about the only entertainment on this group. Melissa hardly
    posts, 'ken' does not come out and dance when I play, RM was never
    really much fun, being obsessed with PGP... and Hicks stays quiet in
    Alabama (or wherever he is these days.) And even I'm too busy these days
    to pop around here too often and play a tune that the dogs will howl to.

    You can't get a good flame war off the ground anymore. It's almost like
    this group is getting civilized. Next there will be women joining AOLS.
    I hope there is an alpha-bitch to balance Dan C. That will be fun.

    ANC

  7. Re: SO what's the consensus re: 12

    ANC says:

    >Dan C. is the alpha-dog of the pack of wild dogs that seek to dominate
    >this group. He's sort of an institution here... indeed is probably the
    >stereotype of the Slackware user... uncouth, uncivilized, and probably
    >unwashed.

    Dan C is more like a lone wolf. He doesn't get along in a pack, or
    any other social situation, and he has never been laid, although he
    did sniff around his mother from time to time, until the other dogs
    drove him off. From what we're told, he only sniffed around his
    mother because he didn't want the other dogs to think he's gay.

    >Still, you have to admire him. He (like RM) has been able to stay
    >cloaked even after some of the best techno-sleuths have tried to
    >'out' him (them).

    Thanks for the kind words. But Dan C's identity has never been an
    issue. Nobody really gives a ****. We think you give him way too
    much credit. We decided a long time ago that nothing is really
    happening in Dan C posts and we killfiled him long ago. We suggest
    that everybody else do the same. We doubt he'd be missed.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  8. Re: SO what's the consensus re: 12

  9. Re: SO what's the consensus re: 12

    On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 06:50:28 +0000, ANC wrote:

    ....Yawn... same old tired crap from ANC. How boring.

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he mounted ANC from behind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2