Slackware-12.0: What's Replaced xcdroast? - Slackware

This is a discussion on Slackware-12.0: What's Replaced xcdroast? - Slackware ; I'm getting ready to upgrade my hosts to Slackware-12.0 from -11.0. The end of the CHANGES-AND-HINTS file tells me that xcdroast has been deprecated (but still available for the new version). But, it doesn't say what's replacing it. I've used ...

  1. Slackware-12.0: What's Replaced xcdroast?

    I'm getting ready to upgrade my hosts to Slackware-12.0 from -11.0. The
    end of the CHANGES-AND-HINTS file tells me that xcdroast has been deprecated
    (but still available for the new version). But, it doesn't say what's
    replacing it. I've used xcdroast for years ... and the command line tools,
    too.

    Anyone know?

    Rich

  2. Re: Slackware-12.0: What's Replaced xcdroast?

    On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, rshepard@nospam.appl-ecosys.com wrote:

    > I'm getting ready to upgrade my hosts to Slackware-12.0 from -11.0. The
    > end of the CHANGES-AND-HINTS file tells me that xcdroast has been deprecated
    > (but still available for the new version). But, it doesn't say what's
    > replacing it. I've used xcdroast for years ... and the command line tools,
    > too.
    >
    > Anyone know?

    Why not just download and compile it yourself?
    You could always check out linuxpackages.net, they might include a copy

    --

    Cheers
    Res

  3. Re: Slackware-12.0: What's Replaced xcdroast?

    rshepard@nospam.appl-ecosys.com wrote:
    > I'm getting ready to upgrade my hosts to Slackware-12.0 from -11.0. The
    > end of the CHANGES-AND-HINTS file tells me that xcdroast has been deprecated
    > (but still available for the new version). But, it doesn't say what's
    > replacing it. I've used xcdroast for years ... and the command line tools,
    > too.
    >
    > Anyone know?

    Maybe k3b?

    - Daniel

  4. Re: Slackware-12.0: What's Replaced xcdroast?

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 22:26:36 -0400, D Herring wrote:

    > rshepard@nospam.appl-ecosys.com wrote:
    >> I'm getting ready to upgrade my hosts to Slackware-12.0 from -11.0.
    >> The
    >> end of the CHANGES-AND-HINTS file tells me that xcdroast has been
    >> deprecated (but still available for the new version). But, it doesn't
    >> say what's replacing it. I've used xcdroast for years ... and the
    >> command line tools, too.
    >>
    >> Anyone know?

    > Maybe k3b?
    >
    > - Daniel

    Absolutely. xcdr has not been updated for a long time and no longer is
    being developed afaik. k3b can be used regardless of the window manager
    you use (I use enlightenment, not kde, and have no problem with k3b). It
    works fine and is much easier to use than xcdr.

    --
    Peter

  5. Re: Slackware-12.0: What's Replaced xcdroast?

    On 2007-10-05, Peter wrote:

    > Absolutely. xcdr has not been updated for a long time and no longer is
    > being developed afaik. k3b can be used regardless of the window manager
    > you use (I use enlightenment, not kde, and have no problem with k3b). It
    > works fine and is much easier to use than xcdr.

    Thank you. That's good enough for me.

    Rich

+ Reply to Thread