[OT] 'Scuse me, damn a.o.l.s! - Slackware

This is a discussion on [OT] 'Scuse me, damn a.o.l.s! - Slackware ; ~kurt wrote: > Stanislaw Flatto wrote: > >> Who is still speaking 'native' English? Native to where? >> I am now living in Her Majesty Colony and they would not know 'native' >> or any other English if it fell ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: [OT] 'Scuse me, damn a.o.l.s!

    ~kurt wrote:
    > Stanislaw Flatto wrote:
    >
    >> Who is still speaking 'native' English? Native to where?
    >> I am now living in Her Majesty Colony and they would not know 'native'
    >> or any other English if it fell on their head.
    >> So 'scuse me, my 'other language' was learned not parroted.

    > Sorry, but, I'm just saying I generally have no clue as to what the hell
    > you are saying. My guess is English was a second language for you, but,
    > well,

    Actually third.
    I can't tell what the hell you are saying in this post... - so I still
    > don't know.

    It was for 'saying', not for understanding.

    "Laughter is good for your health"- Hassidic proverb.

    Have fun.

    Stanislaw.

    > - Kurt

  2. Re: [OT] 'Scuse me, damn a.o.l.s!

    ~kurt wrote:
    > Stanislaw Flatto wrote:
    >
    >> Who is still speaking 'native' English? Native to where?
    >> I am now living in Her Majesty Colony and they would not know 'native'
    >> or any other English if it fell on their head.
    >> So 'scuse me, my 'other language' was learned not parroted.

    > Sorry, but, I'm just saying I generally have no clue as to what the hell
    > you are saying. My guess is English was a second language for you, but,
    > well,

    Actually third.
    I can't tell what the hell you are saying in this post... - so I still
    > don't know.

    It was for 'saying', not for understanding.

    "Laughter is good for your health"- Hassidic proverb.

    Have fun.

    Stanislaw.

    > - Kurt

  3. Re: [OT] 'Scuse me, damn a.o.l.s!

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 19:47:34 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    > On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:01:41 +0000, loki harfagr wrote:
    >
    >>> Almost completely incomprehensible.

    >> That's right, it's even that utterly incomprehensible that I
    >> even could find some meaning in it!
    >> What these meanings would mean is far beyond reality and that's a
    >> good piece of achance that reality doesn't exists, well not yet, or was
    >> it not anymore? I've always mixed up these stuff I created in the
    >> future, anyway that's not my problem, after all this is your reality
    >> not mine, I'm only the representative for 3d pebble after Dragon-G.
    >>
    >> Oh, the heaven with it, this contest's closed, Stanislaw has won, by
    >> far.

    > Actually, you come in a very close second. Very close indeed.

    Thank you, that's always warming to know that you couldn't understand
    though in c.o.l.m. there are so many challengers to train you ;D)

  4. Re: [OT] 'Scuse me, damn a.o.l.s!

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:37:26 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    > On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:17:50 +0000, Stanislaw Flatto wrote:
    >
    >> Hi readers!
    >> For longer than I care to mention I am a reader of this publication(?!)
    >> and from time to time suggestions surface that put me in trouble. So
    >> recently a notice was published by one N.K. on starved Slack12 distro
    >> which should do the slave work of a _server_. As those notions are not
    >> strange to me (I did 'expert' install few distros back, on 512M HD,
    >> just for fun) and stumbling on computer junk in my garage decided to do
    >> something about it. So a computer materialised, Slack12 CD contributed
    >> the <100 packages + lilo, connected to local LAN, lynx went on web and
    >> everybody happy. But talking to and shaking finger on the junk could
    >> NOT convince it to start serving.
    >>
    >> Now WHAT?!!!

    > Almost completely incomprehensible.
    >
    > Exactly what kind of drugs do you experiment with, anyway?

    I think he was talking about building a minimum slack dist out of a bunch
    of junk to make a server out of and it won't serve. SO now what.

    I guess the answer is configure the box to serve. woof woof!

  5. Re: [OT] 'Scuse me, damn a.o.l.s!

    On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 06:40:57 +0000, Stanislaw Flatto wrote:

    > "Laughter is good for your health"- Hassidic proverb.

    Actually this is true for hangovers too. Once I had a terrific
    hangover and went to work and this moron that worked with me had me
    laughing for the first hour I was there and by 9:30 the hangover was
    pretty much gone. It was a miracle, I tell ya' a damned miracle!!!

    SO now when I have a hangover I go down to the overpass where the junkies
    and winos hang out and laugh my ass off for about an hour and I'm cured.

    Try it, you'll like it. At least for hangovers. WOOF WOOF

  6. Re: [OT] 'Scuse me, damn a.o.l.s!

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 03:22:59 +0000, Stanislaw Flatto wrote:

    > Did my 'experiment' in early '60s on hashish, never touched anything
    > else since except 'nicoffeine'. The Virginia+Turkish kind. Does it
    > count?
    >
    > Stanislaw.

    'nicoffeine' ???

    Is that a combination of cigaretts and coffee?

  7. Re: [OT] 'Scuse me, damn a.o.l.s!

    On 2007-10-12, Fred FLintstone wrote:
    > On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 03:22:59 +0000, Stanislaw Flatto wrote:
    >

    >> Did my 'experiment' in early '60s on hashish, never touched anything
    >> else since except 'nicoffeine'. The Virginia+Turkish kind. Does it
    >> count?
    >>
    >> Stanislaw.

    > 'nicoffeine' ???
    >
    > Is that a combination of cigaretts and coffee?

    I believe it is similar to an old Rolf Harris song where he speaks of
    his teenage bad-boy friends 'Nick O. Teen' and 'Al K. Hole'.

    Andrew

    --
    Among the tales of sorrow and of ruin that come down to us
    from the darkness of those days there are yet some in which

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2