OT: Forcing dual core to use 1 core - Slackware

This is a discussion on OT: Forcing dual core to use 1 core - Slackware ; Is it possible to force AMD 64 Dual core x2 processor to use one core or another? When Using FlightGear the cores tend to switch the game back and forth and when they make the transition the video freezes for ...

  1. OT: Forcing dual core to use 1 core

    Is it possible to force AMD 64 Dual core x2 processor to use one core
    or another? When Using FlightGear the cores tend to switch the game back
    and forth and when they make the transition the video freezes for that
    instant. WHat can I do about this? Anything???

    Thanks

  2. Re: OT: Forcing dual core to use 1 core

    Fred FLintstone wrote:

    > Is it possible to force AMD 64 Dual core x2 processor to use one core
    > or another? When Using FlightGear the cores tend to switch the game back
    > and forth and when they make the transition the video freezes for that
    > instant. WHat can I do about this? Anything???
    >
    > Thanks

    I suppose you don't want to rebuild the kernel without smp... and reboot...

    I had these two links bookmarked awhile ago... I've used them on java
    programs and other random things and it works well. But I'm not sure how
    you can set the affinity from within the game, maybe a shell script or
    alt+ctrl+f1, then do it while the game is running.

    http://rlove.org/schedutils/schedutils-1.5.0.tar.gz
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/settin...r-process.html