ati radeon modules - how to enable them - Slackware

This is a discussion on ati radeon modules - how to enable them - Slackware ; i have ati radeon 9200 pro graphic card...and slackware 12 modprobe ati or modprobe radeon doesn't work, because i don't have this modules compiled... how can i do that, how can i make my card work? thank you in advance! ...

  1. ati radeon modules - how to enable them

    --
    ....I On ode...Bezzecci od medveda...

  2. Re: ati radeon modules - how to enable them

    Bison Lili wrote:
    > i have ati radeon 9200 pro graphic card...and slackware 12
    > modprobe ati or modprobe radeon doesn't work, because i don't have this
    > modules compiled...
    > how can i do that, how can i make my card work?

    X loads the module automatically, you don't need to load it manually.
    However, you might have to make sure that the apggart module is loaded.

    You should have the following lines in xorg.conf:

    Section "Module"
    .... (some other lines)

    # This loads the GLX module
    Load "glx"
    Load "dri"
    EndSection

    Section "DRI"
    Mode 0666
    EndSection

    regards Henrik
    root@localhost postmaster@localhost

  3. Re: ati radeon modules - how to enable them

    Dana Mon, 01 Oct 2007 21:25:09 +0000, Bison Lili napisa:

    > i have ati radeon 9200 pro graphic card...and slackware 12 modprobe ati
    > or modprobe radeon doesn't work, because i don't have this modules
    > compiled...
    > how can i do that, how can i make my card work?
    >
    > thank you in advance!

    ok, problem solved:

    1 - i removed kernel* from my computer
    2 - then i've installed kernel-generic/modules from my cd
    3 - then i've removed nvidia driver that i had

    that's it...now, my next task is to compile kernel to match my hardware,
    but that's another story :-)

+ Reply to Thread