Strange firefox problem - Slackware

This is a discussion on Strange firefox problem - Slackware ; Firefox won't stop properly if i close the window or "file -> quit" I need to do a "killall firefox-bin" to stop it. I've tried to reinstall firefox and remove all local settings to it. Works good in the beginning, ...

  1. Strange firefox problem

    Firefox won't stop properly if i close the window or "file -> quit"
    I need to do a "killall firefox-bin" to stop it.

    I've tried to reinstall firefox and remove all local settings to it.
    Works good in the beginning, but when i start to install the
    extensions it starts making trouble again. I haven't found one
    certain exstension that causes this either.

    suggestions?

  2. Re: Strange firefox problem

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:26:16 +0200, cizu jones wrote:

    > Firefox won't stop properly if i close the window or "file -> quit" I
    > need to do a "killall firefox-bin" to stop it.
    >
    > suggestions?

    I've come to the conclusion that FF is crap. Everything since 1.5 release
    seems buggy and unbalanced.
    Use Opera whenever you can. I don't know why I still have FF around,
    probably because of the themes and some extensions like adblock. Ah yeah,
    and it's the only one of the three browsers (incl. Konqui) that actually
    supports full screen flash.

    These are quite a few reasons, but other than that would really like to
    give it the boot. There's another thread that might interest you, further
    down, "System lock-ups with Slackware 12 and Firefox".

    Regards,
    B.Hoffmann

+ Reply to Thread