Firefox internationalization - Slackware

This is a discussion on Firefox internationalization - Slackware ; Hello, I currently have 2 laptops that I did a full Slackware 11.0 install on. On both of them I am able to see all the foreign characters in firefox, on wikipedia and Japanese translators, and whatnot. On my desktop ...

  1. Firefox internationalization

    Hello,
    I currently have 2 laptops that I did a full Slackware 11.0 install
    on. On both of them I am able to see all the foreign characters in
    firefox, on wikipedia and Japanese translators, and whatnot. On my
    desktop which I did not do a full install on, I cannot. I was
    wondering what package I would need to install to get support for
    other languages.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Firefox internationalization

    By the way, I do have glibc-i18n installed.
    dr.k...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I currently have 2 laptops that I did a full Slackware 11.0 install
    > on. On both of them I am able to see all the foreign characters in
    > firefox, on wikipedia and Japanese translators, and whatnot. On my
    > desktop which I did not do a full install on, I cannot. I was
    > wondering what package I would need to install to get support for
    > other languages.
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: Firefox internationalization

    dr.knnk@gmail.com a écrit :
    > Hello,
    > I currently have 2 laptops that I did a full Slackware 11.0 install
    > on. On both of them I am able to see all the foreign characters in
    > firefox, on wikipedia and Japanese translators, and whatnot. On my
    > desktop which I did not do a full install on, I cannot. I was
    > wondering what package I would need to install to get support for
    > other languages.

    All my installs are french. The easiest way to have Firefox in another
    language *for all users, by default*, is running the SlackBuild script
    against a localized version downloaded from ftp.mozilla.org/pub/

    Cheers,

    Niki

+ Reply to Thread