slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo - Slackware

This is a discussion on slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo - Slackware ; anyone hasn't ever noticed that among the dots that appear successively at boot with lilo the tenth one doesn't appear. i get this "maybe a defect" on two different machines. -- heavytull...

  1. slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    --
    heavytull

  2. Re: slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 22:22:26 +0200, heavytull wrote:

    > anyone hasn't ever noticed that among the dots that appear successively
    > at boot with lilo the tenth one doesn't appear. i get this "maybe a
    > defect" on two different machines.

    Real men use Grub.

  3. Re: slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 22:22:26 +0200, heavytull wrote:
    >
    >> anyone hasn't ever noticed that among the dots that appear successively
    >> at boot with lilo the tenth one doesn't appear. i get this "maybe a
    >> defect" on two different machines.

    > Real men use Grub.

    You mean those that cannot count over nine.

    Having fun

    Stanislaw.
    Using Lilo.

  4. Re: slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    On 2007-09-29, heavytull wrote:
    > anyone hasn't ever noticed that among the dots that appear successively at boot
    > with lilo the tenth one doesn't appear. i get this "maybe a defect" on two
    > different machines.

    can't say I have... does it cause any problems?

  5. Re: slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    heavytull wrote:
    > anyone hasn't ever noticed that among the dots that appear successively at boot
    > with lilo the tenth one doesn't appear. i get this "maybe a defect" on two
    > different machines.

    Try putting 'compact' in your lilo.conf; the dots will go by so fast
    you won't be able to count them...

  6. Re: slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    martin@ivalice.sekurity.com wrote:

    > On 2007-09-29, heavytull wrote:
    >> anyone hasn't ever noticed that among the dots that appear successively
    >> at boot with lilo the tenth one doesn't appear. i get this "maybe a
    >> defect" on two different machines.

    My laptop is missing one of the dots. I am not sure which one.

    > can't say I have... does it cause any problems?

    I have not noticed any problems

    --
    Ed

  7. Re: slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:17:44 -0400, Ed Wilson wrote:

    > martin@ivalice.sekurity.com wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-09-29, heavytull wrote:
    >>> anyone hasn't ever noticed that among the dots that appear successively
    >>> at boot with lilo the tenth one doesn't appear. i get this "maybe a
    >>> defect" on two different machines.

    > My laptop is missing one of the dots. I am not sure which one.

    They have little identifying labels on them. You have to look pretty
    close.

  8. Re: slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:25:50 +0200, Mark South wrote:

    > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:17:44 -0400, Ed Wilson wrote:
    >
    >> martin@ivalice.sekurity.com wrote:

    >> My laptop is missing one of the dots. I am not sure which one.

    > They have little identifying labels on them. You have to look pretty
    > close.

    Mosltly true but this won't work if he had/compiled lilo
    with the steganographic options, in this case to be able to
    check needs the console to be connected on a 3 by 12 LCD screen.

    I've been told by some friends they managed to do it with
    another installation besides, running 'Tempest', but I can't
    make them confirm this now, they're busy howling at the moon.

  9. Re: slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:47:18 +0000, loki harfagr wrote:

    > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:25:50 +0200, Mark South wrote:

    >>> My laptop is missing one of the dots. I am not sure which one.

    >> They have little identifying labels on them. You have to look pretty
    >> close.

    > Mosltly true but this won't work if he had/compiled lilo
    > with the steganographic options,

    I don't see what spiky Jurassic-era dinosaurs have to do with LILO.

    > in this case to be able to
    > check needs the console to be connected on a 3 by 12 LCD screen.

    4:1 widescreen! Ultracool.

    > I've been told by some friends they managed to do it with
    > another installation besides, running 'Tempest', but I can't
    > make them confirm this now, they're busy howling at the moon.

    They're late, full moon was last Wednesday....

    PS ;-)

  10. Re: slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    martin@ivalice.sekurity.com wrote:

    > can't say I have... does it cause any problems?

    no
    --
    heavytull

  11. Re: slack 12.0-tenth dot at boot,lilo

    Mark South wrote:

    > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:17:44 -0400, Ed Wilson wrote:
    >
    >> martin@ivalice.sekurity.com wrote:

    >> My laptop is missing one of the dots. I am not sure which one.

    > They have little identifying labels on them. You have to look pretty
    > close.

    i think that's true
    --
    heavytull