SLAX - Slackware

This is a discussion on SLAX - Slackware ; Hi, It's the first time, I tried to use linux, and I started form slax on my USB. It work real fun, It impress me real much....but I have a big problem. I usually work with .NET and so I ...

  1. SLAX

    Hi,
    It's the first time, I tried to use linux, and I started form slax on
    my USB.

    It work real fun, It impress me real much....but I have a big problem.

    I usually work with .NET and so I got the mono module...and it work
    real good.

    But now, I want to start my programm Hallo.exe at the start of the
    system.

    I tried to put this command in rc.local, in the end of file:

    echo "mono /root/Hallo.exe"

    or

    nophup "mono /root/Hallo.exe &> /root/Hallo.log" &

    but doesn't work.

    I was able to load correctly netwark configuration, and mono load
    module in rc.local, but I'm not able to start my Hello.exe.

    Can anyone help me?

    PS.
    Of course the application is a Console Application and not Form

  2. Re: SLAX

  3. Re: SLAX

    > But now, I want to start my programm Hallo.exe at the start of the
    > system.
    >
    > I tried to put this command in rc.local, in the end of file:
    >
    > echo "mono /root/Hallo.exe"

    echo doesn't run anything ... just mono /root/Hallo.exe should work.

    > or
    >
    > nophup "mono /root/Hallo.exe &> /root/Hallo.log" &

    it's "nohup" not "nophup"

    Also it's advisable to set the whole path to mono, /usr/bin/mono or
    whatever...

    --
    damjan

  4. Re: SLAX

    On 29 Set, 19:13, Damjan wrote:
    > > But now, I want to start my programm Hallo.exe at the start of the
    > > system.

    > > I tried to put this command in rc.local, in the end of file:

    > > echo "mono /root/Hallo.exe"

    > echo doesn't run anything ... just mono /root/Hallo.exe should work.
    >
    > > or

    > > nophup "mono /root/Hallo.exe &> /root/Hallo.log" &

    > it's "nohup" not "nophup"
    >
    > Also it's advisable to set the whole path to mono, /usr/bin/mono or
    > whatever...
    >
    > --
    > damjan

    Problem resoult!

    It's enought

    /urs/.../bin/mono /root/.../Hello.exe

    Just put it in lc.local !

    Thank you damjan

    PS:
    Of course "nohup"....thanks

  5. Re: SLAX

    Alessandro a écrit :

    > Problem resoult!
    >
    > It's enought
    >
    > Just put it in lc.local !

    Learning to type and spell correctly can be fun on a system that's
    actually configured by editing plain text files.

    Slackware is a WYSIWIG OS: What You Spell Is What You Get.

    Cheers,

    Niki

  6. Re: SLAX

    On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:03:53 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:

    > Alessandro a écrit :
    >>
    >> Problem resoult!
    >>
    >> It's enought
    >>
    >> Just put it in lc.local !
    >>

    > Learning to type and spell correctly can be fun on a system that's
    > actually configured by editing plain text files.

    That could be right but dat's unfail to mocq a stlangel
    typong hele whele we all ale foleignelz :-)
    Afterall maybe Alessandro is building a fork and the lc files
    are for LC_LOCALES, the new fuzzy-spelling configurator )

    > Slackware is a WYSIWIG OS: What You Spell Is What You Get.

    If only that also could be true for newsmen and politics...

+ Reply to Thread