I am having a problem with the Curses::Widgets module on my Slack 12.0.
Easy question first: is anyone out there using this module on Slack 12.0?

The Curses module compiled OK and passed the testing phase.

The 'perl Makefile.PL' step for Curses::Widgets seems OK. The 'make test'
seems OK too, but when the color test screen appears and I press a key (as
instructed), the test terminates with an error (see transscript below).

FYI, here's what the compile and test showed on the console:

------------- console transcript ------------------------------
root@Beagle:/opt/src/CursesWidgets-1.997# perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Curses::Widgets

root@Beagle:/opt/src/CursesWidgets-1.997# make test
cp Widgets.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets.pm
cp Widgets/ButtonSet.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/ButtonSet.pm
cp Widgets/Tutorial/Creation.pod blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/Tutorial/Creation.pod
cp Widgets/Calendar.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/Calendar.pm
cp Widgets/ListBox.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/ListBox.pm
cp Widgets/ListBox/MultiColumn.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/ListBox/MultiColumn.pm
cp Widgets/Tutorial.pod blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/Tutorial.pod
cp Widgets/ProgressBar.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/ProgressBar.pm
cp Widgets/Menu.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/Menu.pm
cp Widgets/ComboBox.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/ComboBox.pm
cp Widgets/TextMemo.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/TextMemo.pm
cp Widgets/TextField.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/TextField.pm
cp Widgets/Label.pm blib/lib/Curses/Widgets/Label.pm

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl5.8.8 "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl
*** [test_dynamic] Error 255

I have an app that uses Curses::Widgets, and it fails with the message:

"Curses function 'chgat' called with too many arguments at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Curses/Widgets/ButtonSet.pm line 305."

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

HW