how to disconnect from pptp - Slackware

This is a discussion on how to disconnect from pptp - Slackware ; ok, i know this is lame but what command would cleanly (if there is such a thing) disconnect me from my vpn connection? i'm currently using the "pppd call myvpn" method to connect and manually updating my routing tables and ...

  1. how to disconnect from pptp

    ok, i know this is lame but what command would cleanly (if there is such a
    thing) disconnect me from my vpn connection? i'm currently using the "pppd
    call myvpn" method to connect and manually updating my routing tables and
    only have a few static names in my hosts file, i don't want to use company
    dns.

    i suppose "ifconfig ppp0 down" would do the trick, but is this the "correct
    way"?

    thanks.

  2. Re: how to disconnect from pptp

    Miguel De Anda wrote:

    > ok, i know this is lame but what command would cleanly (if there is such a
    > thing) disconnect me from my vpn connection? i'm currently using the "pppd
    > call myvpn" method to connect and manually updating my routing tables and
    > only have a few static names in my hosts file, i don't want to use company
    > dns.
    >
    > i suppose "ifconfig ppp0 down" would do the trick, but is this the
    > "correct way"?
    >
    > thanks.

    seems that `kill $pid` or `killall pppd` works fine. thanks all.