Can't paste text into Konsole running Vim - Slackware

This is a discussion on Can't paste text into Konsole running Vim - Slackware ; Hi, I have two Konsole sessions open in KDE, one running a MySQL monitor session, the other one with a text I'm writing using vim (not the graphical GVim!). Usually, in other graphical terminals (Terminal, xterm, eterm, aterm, rxvt, ...) ...

  1. Can't paste text into Konsole running Vim

    Hi,

    I have two Konsole sessions open in KDE, one running a MySQL monitor
    session, the other one with a text I'm writing using vim (not the
    graphical GVim!).

    Usually, in other graphical terminals (Terminal, xterm, eterm, aterm,
    rxvt, ...) I just select ( = highlight) text with the mouse, and then to
    paste it into my text, either I click on both mouse buttons, or I press
    [Shift] + [Insert]. But this doesn't work here, because the command
    seems to get interpreted by vim, rather than Konsole. Which leaves me
    clueless.

    Any suggestions?

    Niki

  2. Re: Can't paste text into Konsole running Vim

    On Sep 24, 5:09 pm, Niki Kovacs wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have two Konsole sessions open in KDE, one running a MySQL monitor
    > session, the other one with a text I'm writing using vim (not the
    > graphical GVim!).
    >
    > Usually, in other graphical terminals (Terminal, xterm, eterm, aterm,
    > rxvt, ...) I just select ( = highlight) text with the mouse, and then to
    > paste it into my text, either I click on both mouse buttons, or I press
    > [Shift] + [Insert]. But this doesn't work here, because the command
    > seems to get interpreted by vim, rather than Konsole. Which leaves me
    > clueless.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Niki

    vim supplies linux community with quite strange mouse, that blocks X
    mouse
    to disable mouse
    set mouse=
    but another problem that often pasted text gets some weird aggressive
    indentation

    ---
    Bogdan

  3. Re: Can't paste text into Konsole running Vim

    * B.Yanchitsky@gmail.com :
    [ ... ]
    > vim supplies linux community with quite strange mouse, that blocks X
    > mouse
    > to disable mouse
    > set mouse=
    > but another problem that often pasted text gets some weird aggressive
    > indentation

    set noautoindent

    or

    set noai

    --
    James Michael Fultz
    Remove this part when replying ^^^^^^^^

  4. Re: Can't paste text into Konsole running Vim

    * Niki Kovacs :
    [ ... ]
    > Usually, in other graphical terminals (Terminal, xterm, eterm, aterm,
    > rxvt, ...) I just select ( = highlight) text with the mouse, and then to
    > paste it into my text, either I click on both mouse buttons, or I press
    > [Shift] + [Insert]. But this doesn't work here, because the command
    > seems to get interpreted by vim, rather than Konsole. Which leaves me
    > clueless.

    Hold down the shift key while performing X text selection operations
    using the mouse or disable Vim's own mouse support altogether using
    'set mouse=' as someone else has also posted.

    --
    James Michael Fultz
    Remove this part when replying ^^^^^^^^

  5. Re: Can't paste text into Konsole running Vim

    James Michael Fultz wrote:
    > * B.Yanchitsky@gmail.com :
    > [ ... ]
    >> vim supplies linux community with quite strange mouse, that blocks X
    >> mouse
    >> to disable mouse
    >> set mouse=
    >> but another problem that often pasted text gets some weird aggressive
    >> indentation

    > set noautoindent
    >
    > or
    >
    > set noai

    I use "set paste".

  6. Re: Can't paste text into Konsole running Vim

    B.Yanchitsky@gmail.com a écrit :
    > vim supplies linux community with quite strange mouse, that blocks X
    > mouse
    > to disable mouse
    > set mouse=

    Hey! That works! Thanks!

    > but another problem that often pasted text gets some weird aggressive
    > indentation

    :set noautoindent

    Cheers,

    Niki

  7. Re: Can't paste text into Konsole running Vim

    On Sep 24, 11:15 pm, Jerry Peters wrote:
    > I use "set paste".

    thanks, this works.
    Don't know why, but
    set noai
    does not cure for my case.
    The problem only for text lines containing space character as first.

    --
    Bogdan

+ Reply to Thread