[OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171) - Slackware

This is a discussion on [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171) - Slackware ; FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171) Sample Mod Quote: +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ Just MHO, flames to Dave Null, or someone else who cares. -- Ancipital +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ Every so often you will see a ...

  1. [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in
    the YOLD 3171)

    Sample Mod Quote:

    Just MHO, flames to Dave Null, or someone else who cares.
    -- Ancipital

    Every so often you will see a post letting people know that an
    updated Best of alt.os.linux.slackware Fortune Mod is available
    for download. The url is:

    This fortune mod is a collection of quotes either seen on AOLS
    or by AOLS regulars that were deemed so wise, funny, inflammatory
    or any combination of those that they were submitted for inclusion.

    Please take the time to follow the guidelines at the URL above
    and see to it that there will be a next release, as others have
    done to make the past releases possible.

  2. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    ModQuote_FAQ@dev.null says:

    >FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in
    >the YOLD 3171)

    Why are these "Mod Quotes" supposed to be Frequently Asked? Nobody
    is asking anything about these "Mod Quotes." And what the hell does
    the "Mod" mean?

    >Sample Mod Quote:

    [gratuitous ascii "art" line deleted]

    >Just MHO, flames to Dave Null, or someone else who cares.
    > -- Ancipital

    This is just a variation of the hugely overused used cliche,
    flames > /dev/null.

    There is nothing clever or original about this. What on earth are
    you thinking?

    [second gratuitous ascii "art" line deleted]

    We know that you are a professional pgp trash troll, but please, try
    to have a bit of dignity.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  3. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day ofBureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 01:24:12 +0000, Realto Margarino wrote:

    > This is just a variation of the hugely overused used cliche, flames >
    > /dev/null.

    Not such a bad patch ;-)

    > There is nothing clever or original about this. What on earth are you
    > thinking?

    Though you can see it as a miracle of expression if you ever
    try to switch on some TV set, just to check )

    > [second gratuitous ascii "art" line deleted]
    >
    > We know that you are a professional pgp trash troll, but please, try to
    > have a bit of dignity.

    Like in 'Johnny got His gun', "Death has a dignity of its own"?

    ah, yes.

+ Reply to Thread