Need scsi_mod.o module How to do? - Slackware

This is a discussion on Need scsi_mod.o module How to do? - Slackware ; Hello Installing Slack 11 I chose ataraid:i kernel hoping it would work with my FastTrackTX4000 controller. It didn't. It just sees the controller as an ordinary IDE card. I then tried to compile the Promise ft3xx.o . module And it ...

  1. Need scsi_mod.o module How to do?

    Hello

    Installing Slack 11 I chose ataraid:i kernel
    hoping it would work with my FastTrackTX4000 controller.

    It didn't. It just sees the controller as an ordinary IDE card.

    I then tried to compile the Promise ft3xx.o . module And it worked.

    Then I am unable to insert it.
    insmod output: ft3xx: init_moule: No such device.

    Whatever the reason may be They say in the Promise Module Compiling read me
    to insert previously scsi_mod.o module.

    I cant find this module in my ssytem. What can I do to add this and other
    scsi modules

    That is strange there is no scsi_mod.o for my hardware tx4000 controller
    was recognised as scsi
    since I have sda and sdb disks.

    Well, what to o to get this moules?

    P.S. If I am to recompile the kernel what exactly i have to change?

    Thanks

    Thank you

  2. Re: Need scsi_mod.o module How to do?

    "serge" wrote:
    > I then tried to compile the Promise ft3xx.o . module And it worked.

    I have no experience from that hardware myself but will try to help
    anyway.

    > Then I am unable to insert it.
    > insmod output: ft3xx: init_moule: No such device.

    To me that error sounds like the module was unable to find its hardware.
    Do you have any such card in your machine? Are you sure that you did
    compile the right module?

    > Whatever the reason may be They say in the Promise Module Compiling read
    > me to insert previously scsi_mod.o module.

    If you load a module with modprobe instead of insmod those dependency
    problems will be solved automagically. However, this assumes that you have
    installed the module properly so that depmod was run.

    On the other hand, if the module were properly installed and you are using
    hotplug in Slackware 11 you shouldn't even have to worry about modprobe.
    With hotplug all modules for your hardware are automagically loaded.

    regards Henrik
    root@localhost postmaster@localhost

  3. Re: Need scsi_mod.o module How to do?

    serge wrote:

    > Installing Slack 11 I chose ataraid:i kernel
    > hoping it would work with my FastTrackTX4000 controller.

    for kernel 2.6.18 /drivers/scsi you can see FastTrak TX4000 in
    sata_promise.c so you have to install and recompile 2.6.18.x using 2.6
    ..config from slackware 11.0 cd and say y on:
    Device Drivers --->
    SCSI device support --->
    SCSI low-level drivers --->
    Promise SATA TX2/TX4 support

    see also slackware-11.0 cd /kernels/SATA-SUPPORT.TXT
    and search for sata_promise.

+ Reply to Thread