Xterm and localization - Slackware

This is a discussion on Xterm and localization - Slackware ; Hello, I've a problem running mc with localization in all xterms (xterm, konsole, xfterm4) except rxvt. If my locale is set to fr_FR, then the right pannel of mc is misaligned and ugly : http://cafcom.free.fr/tmp/mc.png It would not be a ...

  1. Xterm and localization

    Hello,

    I've a problem running mc with localization in all xterms (xterm,
    konsole, xfterm4) except rxvt.

    If my locale is set to fr_FR, then the right pannel of mc is misaligned
    and ugly : http://cafcom.free.fr/tmp/mc.png

    It would not be a problem as I can use it in rxvt, but rxvt doesn't
    support utf-8 and I need my LANG to be set to fr_FR.utf-8 for many apps.

    So:
    - xterm, konsole, xfterm4, : bad display ;
    - rxvt : display ok, but no utf-8 support (can't display french accents).

    Thanks for your help

  2. Re: Xterm and localization

    I've found in another thread there is a problem with the xterm termcap
    file in Slackware 12.

    Setting $TERMCAP to /usr/X11R6.bak/lib/X11/etc/xterm.termcap solved my
    problem, but I think it is a bug, not a feature...

  3. Re: Xterm and localization

    In newsgroup alt.os.linux.slackware, Jacques wrote:

    > I've found in another thread there is a problem with the xterm termcap
    > file in Slackware 12.
    >
    > Setting $TERMCAP to /usr/X11R6.bak/lib/X11/etc/xterm.termcap solved my
    > problem, but I think it is a bug, not a feature...

    Thanks for the tip Jacques.

    Joe

+ Reply to Thread