Installing VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12... - Slackware

This is a discussion on Installing VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12... - Slackware ; Can anybody point to a HowTo that explains how to install? Thanks...

  1. Installing VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12...

    Can anybody point to a HowTo that explains how to install?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Installing VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12...

    http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~jbyrne/vmware.htm

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as Christopher Robin licked the honeypot.

  3. Re: Installing VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12...

    Dan C wrote:

    > On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 20:50:53 +0000, Red Rocket wrote:
    >
    >> Can anybody point to a HowTo that explains how to install?

    > http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~jbyrne/vmware.htm

    Thanks for the link but that is for VMWare Server, not Workstation.

    I am hoping to get VMWare Workstation 6.0 running on Slackware.

    Thanks

  4. Re: Installing VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12...

    On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 09:31:02 +0000, Red Rocket wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 20:50:53 +0000, Red Rocket wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can anybody point to a HowTo that explains how to install?

    >> http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~jbyrne/vmware.htm

    > Thanks for the link but that is for VMWare Server, not Workstation.
    >
    > I am hoping to get VMWare Workstation 6.0 running on Slackware.

    I installed VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12 yesterday. You
    don't have to do anything in particular, other than invoking the
    installation script. The issues with the installation of boot time
    scripts are sorted out in Slackware 12.

  5. Re: Installing VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12...

    J. Sommers wrote:

    > On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 09:31:02 +0000, Red Rocket wrote:
    >
    >> Dan C wrote:

    >>> http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~jbyrne/vmware.htm

    >> Thanks for the link but that is for VMWare Server, not Workstation.
    >>
    >> I am hoping to get VMWare Workstation 6.0 running on Slackware.

    > I installed VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12 yesterday. You
    > don't have to do anything in particular, other than invoking the
    > installation script. The issues with the installation of boot time
    > scripts are sorted out in Slackware 12.

    OK... Thanks.

    I will try it again.

    Thanks for the feedback.

  6. Re: Installing VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12... *SOLVED*

    J. Sommers wrote:
    > I installed VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12 yesterday. You
    > don't have to do anything in particular, other than invoking the
    > installation script. The issues with the installation of boot time
    > scripts are sorted out in Slackware 12.

    Thanks - you are absolutely correct!

    (BIG HAPPY SMILE)

    I made a fresh install Slackware 12 today on a bargain
    basement "AMD3000+(M754)/ECS761GX" and installed VMWare Workstation 6.0 -
    all I did was answer YES and all is well. Pat's decision to create links
    to /etc/rc*.d files made installation a snap.

    Now, anybody have a quick instruction site for VMWare on Linux would be
    great.

    Any suggestions?

  7. Re: Installing VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12... *SOLVED*

    Red Rocket wrote:

    >Now, anybody have a quick instruction site for VMWare on
    >Linux would be great.

    Something like this?
    [ http://www.linux-sxs.org/other_os/vmware.html ]

    --
    Guy Macon

  8. Re: Installing VMWare Workstation 6.0 on Slackware 12... *SOLVED*

    Guy Macon wrote:
    > Red Rocket wrote:

    >>Now, anybody have a quick instruction site for VMWare on
    >>Linux would be great.

    > Something like this?
    > [ http://www.linux-sxs.org/other_os/vmware.html ]

    Thank you!