I'd like to setup a bridge using the tun/tap driver on my slackware 12
system but still be able to use the /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 restart
capabilities. I guess what I'm really asking is how do i set
my /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf so it creates/uses a bridge that I can use with
qemu?

I've got a local dns/dhcp server running (on another machine) so it should
make the configuration easier/harder.

I was considering deleting the rc.inet1 script and replacing it with a
custom one altogether (or just chmod -x'ing it and creating a new one) but
it seemed better to use the existing things. I won't be changing my
configuration too much once its set.

* I set up a dhcp server that hands out same ip for each machine (that
matters) and dns to avoid modifying host files. I wanted to use qemu with
kvm to run some small test servers on my workstation.