Xine woes - Slackware

This is a discussion on Xine woes - Slackware ; On the Slack 12 test drive - xine (out of the box - no mods) is being naughty. Picks up the dvd movie in the correct drive, begins to load it - but load is excruciatingly slow, colors are off, ...

  1. Xine woes

    On the Slack 12 test drive - xine (out of the box - no mods) is being
    naughty.
    Picks up the dvd movie in the correct drive, begins to load it - but
    load is excruciatingly
    slow, colors are off, and a double image (one about three times the size
    of the other
    and offset to the right) appears. Apparently latches onto all
    available memory because
    the mouse slows to a crawl, jerky movement, cannot steer. Before I rip
    into this problem,
    anyone have any ideas where to start?

    Marv

  2. Re: Xine woes

    Marv Soloff wrote:
    > On the Slack 12 test drive - xine (out of the box - no mods) is being
    > naughty.
    > Picks up the dvd movie in the correct drive, begins to load it - but
    > load is excruciatingly
    > slow, colors are off, and a double image (one about three times the size
    > of the other
    > and offset to the right) appears. Apparently latches onto all
    > available memory because
    > the mouse slows to a crawl, jerky movement, cannot steer. Before I rip
    > into this problem,
    > anyone have any ideas where to start?

    (Slackware - xine) + mplayer = noLongerWantToPunchFistThruScreen

    Use Robby Workman's mplayer slackbuild script, it's chock full 'o
    nougaty goodness:

    http://rlworkman.net/slackbuilds/MPlayer/

  3. Re: Xine woes

    Chris Sorenson wrote:
    > Marv Soloff wrote:
    >
    >>On the Slack 12 test drive - xine (out of the box - no mods) is being
    >>naughty.
    >>Picks up the dvd movie in the correct drive, begins to load it - but
    >>load is excruciatingly
    >>slow, colors are off, and a double image (one about three times the size
    >>of the other
    >>and offset to the right) appears. Apparently latches onto all
    >>available memory because
    >>the mouse slows to a crawl, jerky movement, cannot steer. Before I rip
    >>into this problem,
    >>anyone have any ideas where to start?
    >>

    > (Slackware - xine) + mplayer = noLongerWantToPunchFistThruScreen
    >
    > Use Robby Workman's mplayer slackbuild script, it's chock full 'o
    > nougaty goodness:
    >
    > http://rlworkman.net/slackbuilds/MPlayer/

    Tnx - will take a good look at it.

    Marv