New to Linux? Migrating from Windows or OSX? - Slackware

This is a discussion on New to Linux? Migrating from Windows or OSX? - Slackware ; New to Linux? Migrating from Windows or OSX? Read this... Firstly, please don't misinterpret this post as spam. I assure you that I am a "real human being", and this I have nothing to sell here. I've been using Linux ...

  1. New to Linux? Migrating from Windows or OSX?

    New to Linux? Migrating from Windows or OSX? Read this...

    Firstly, please don't misinterpret this post as spam. I assure you
    that I am a "real human being", and this I have nothing to sell here.

    I've been using Linux for a short time only - I was "bumped" in to the
    Linux arena through a promotion at work which required me to service
    Fedora based servers in 50+ locations. I've always been a Windows/OSX
    person myself, but I quickly found Linux to be an amazingly capable
    OS. I've been having a world of fun working with it, and I've finally
    found a way to share my experiences with others - via podcast.

    My podcast is called "Linux Learning Curve", and its intent is to take
    listeners along with me as I learn the finer points of how to install,
    configure and use the Linux platform in a huge variety of different
    ways, from home PCs to corporate servers. The cast is targeted to both
    complete novices as well as migrating power users from other
    platforms.

    I've had the podcast screened and approved by the people at iTunes, so
    it's available in the podcast section of the iTunes store. It's
    completely free to subscribe. To find it, all you need to do is use
    the search feature of the iTunes store, and type in "Linux Learning
    Curve".

    If anybody does decide to give the podcast a go, I'd be really
    grateful for any feedback on the cast or its content - it will all go
    to making sure that I'm continually upgrading the products content and
    presentation, not to mention my own knowledge. Also, if anyone has
    ideas as to subject matter or how a cast can be improved upon, or even
    if anyone knows some of the common faults and shortfalls of
    podcasting, feel free to leave our pearls of wisdom on this very
    Group.

    Thanks, and "Viva la Tux"!

  2. Re: New to Linux? Migrating from Windows or OSX?

    On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 04:13:01 +0000, wiredkiwi wrote:

    > New to Linux? Migrating from Windows or OSX? Read this...

    **** off, Win-droid.

    Your spam won't go over any better here than it did in the other
    newsgroup(s) that I've seen you post it in. Didn't the reaction you got
    in another Linux newsgroup tell you anything?

    Keep your DRM/virus infested "iTunes" garbage to yourself. This is the
    Slackware Linux newsgroup, and we have no need for **** like what you're
    pushing. We don't need any more trolls, either, since we have the Head
    Troll, "rm" here, and all of his recent anonymous nymshifting sockpuppets.

    Bugger off, loser.

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he found that he had syphilis.

+ Reply to Thread