truecrypt ko on Slackware 12 - Slackware

This is a discussion on truecrypt ko on Slackware 12 - Slackware ; Hi! Just installed Slackware 12, all great except for truecrypt. I've downloaded this package and installed it with pkgtools: http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slac...smp-i486-1.tgz When I type truecrypt /volumename /mountpoint it says FATAL: Module truecrypt not found. Failed to load TrueCrypt kernel module Device-mapper ...

  1. truecrypt ko on Slackware 12

    Hi!

    Just installed Slackware 12, all great except for truecrypt.

    I've downloaded this package and installed it with pkgtools:
    http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slac...smp-i486-1.tgz

    When I type
    truecrypt /volumename /mountpoint

    it says

    FATAL: Module truecrypt not found.
    Failed to load TrueCrypt kernel module

    Device-mapper is installed, what else am I missing?

    Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: truecrypt ko on Slackware 12

    Hello,

    / wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Just installed Slackware 12, all great except for truecrypt.
    >
    > I've downloaded this package and installed it with pkgtools:
    > [...] truecrypt-4.3a_2.6.21.3_smp-i486-1.tgz

    Well i don't use truecrypt, but the packagename suggests that it was build
    against Kernel 2.6.21.3, Slackware 12 has 2.6.21.5 as default

    > When I type
    > truecrypt /volumename /mountpoint
    >
    > it says
    >
    > FATAL: Module truecrypt not found.
    > Failed to load TrueCrypt kernel module
    >
    > Device-mapper is installed, what else am I missing?

    It looks for the kernel-module in /lib/modules/$(uname -r) but it is most
    likely located in /lib/modules/2.6.21.3.

    Best would be to grab the buildscripts of that package, and rebuild it on
    your machine, then you can simply upgradepkg your new package and it should
    work.

    Or you could just try to copy the module over to the right directory, but
    that may not work as expected, because it was compiled for another Kernel.

    > Thanks a lot!

    HTH

  3. Re: truecrypt ko on Slackware 12

    Michael Stenzel schreef:
    > Hello,
    >
    > / wrote:
    >
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> Just installed Slackware 12, all great except for truecrypt.
    >>
    >> I've downloaded this package and installed it with pkgtools:
    >> [...] truecrypt-4.3a_2.6.21.3_smp-i486-1.tgz

    > Well i don't use truecrypt, but the packagename suggests that it was build
    > against Kernel 2.6.21.3, Slackware 12 has 2.6.21.5 as default
    >
    >> When I type
    >> truecrypt /volumename /mountpoint
    >>
    >> it says
    >>
    >> FATAL: Module truecrypt not found.
    >> Failed to load TrueCrypt kernel module
    >>
    >> Device-mapper is installed, what else am I missing?

    > It looks for the kernel-module in /lib/modules/$(uname -r) but it is most
    > likely located in /lib/modules/2.6.21.3.
    >
    > Best would be to grab the buildscripts of that package, and rebuild it on
    > your machine, then you can simply upgradepkg your new package and it should
    > work.
    >
    > Or you could just try to copy the module over to the right directory, but
    > that may not work as expected, because it was compiled for another Kernel.
    >
    >> Thanks a lot!

    > HTH

    As a matter of coincidence, I rebuilt my truecrypt package today, see
    http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slac...rypt/pkg/12.0/

    Cheers, Eric

+ Reply to Thread