No control-alt-Fn exit from X - Slackware

This is a discussion on No control-alt-Fn exit from X - Slackware ; Kees Theunissen wrote: > root wrote: >> After updating to Slack 12 I have no exit from X to >> a console with the Control-Alt-Fn key combination. >> I can shutdown X with conrol-alt-backspace. >> >> I remember seeing other ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: No control-alt-Fn exit from X

    Kees Theunissen wrote:
    > root wrote:
    >> After updating to Slack 12 I have no exit from X to
    >> a console with the Control-Alt-Fn key combination.
    >> I can shutdown X with conrol-alt-backspace.
    >>
    >> I remember seeing other people having problems with
    >> the key combination, but I can't find the old
    >> threads with a google search.
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >> TIA

    > I'm experiencing this same error on Slankware 12
    > (and also on debian 4.0 "Etch") when I try to
    > use a "US - international" keyboard layout
    > without deadkeys.
    >
    > Section "InputDevice"
    > Identifier "Keyboard1"
    > Driver "kbd"
    > Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    > Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
    > EndSection.
    >

    > The Control-Alt-Fn keys function correctly with:
    >
    > Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    > Option "XkbVariant" "intl"
    >
    > or just:
    >
    > Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    >

    > It looks like the us-international keyboard
    > isn't supported anymore with a nodeadkeys variant.
    > The nodeadkeys variant is still available in other
    > layouts. The Control-Alt-Fn function correctly
    > for instance with a German keyboard layout:
    >
    > Option "XkbLayout" "de"
    > Option "XkbVariant" "intl"
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Kees.

    None of these suggestions worked for me. Thanks anyhow.

  2. Re: No control-alt-Fn exit from X

    On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:54:16 GMT, root wrote:

    >Kees Theunissen wrote:
    >> root wrote:
    >>> After updating to Slack 12 I have no exit from X to
    >>> a console with the Control-Alt-Fn key combination.
    >>> I can shutdown X with conrol-alt-backspace.

    snip

    >None of these suggestions worked for me. Thanks anyhow.

    in xorg.conf ..............

    Section "ServerFlags"

    # Uncomment this to disable the VT switch sequence
    # (where n is 1 through 12). This allows clients to receive these key
    # events.
    # Option "DontVTSwitch"

    # Uncomment this to disable the server abort sequence
    # This allows clients to receive this key event.

    zentara

    http://zentara.net/japh.html

  3. Re: No control-alt-Fn exit from X

    zentara wrote:

    > in xorg.conf ..............
    >
    > Section "ServerFlags"
    >
    > # Uncomment this to disable the VT switch sequence
    > # (where n is 1 through 12). This allows clients to receive these key
    > # events.
    > # Option "DontVTSwitch"
    >
    > # Uncomment this to disable the server abort sequence
    > # This allows clients to receive this key event.
    >

    > zentara

    My problem is that DontVTSwitch is active even though it isn't
    in my xorg.conf. I want to be able to ctl-alt-fn switch and
    I can't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2