Roger Maynard alert - Slackware

This is a discussion on Roger Maynard alert - Slackware ; Roger, posting as "realto@justlinux.ca" has been posting to alt.privacy.anon-server explaining how evil I am and what a good person he is to provide the valuable service of exposing my evilness. I invite those who agree with him to weigh in ...

  1. Roger Maynard alert

    Roger, posting as "realto@justlinux.ca" has been posting to
    alt.privacy.anon-server explaining how evil I am and what a
    good person he is to provide the valuable service of exposing
    my evilness. I invite those who agree with him to weigh in
    so that Roger knows exactly how much support he has. Other
    opinions are, of course, also welcome...

    "Usenet being what it is, if you participate in newsgroups
    at all over a period if time you have the possibility of
    attracting your own personal lunatic, who considers any
    disagreement a personal affront, and considers it their
    duty and obligation to "expose" the person they fixate on.
    It's kind of pathetic, but they can't quite seem to figure
    out why no one else sees their actions as heroic."
    -Richard Ward

  2. Re: Roger Maynard alert

    Guy Macon trolled:

    >Roger, posting as "realto@justlinux.ca" has been posting to

    Blah, blah, blah. You're pathetic.

    The serial bully displays behaviour congruent with many of the
    diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
    Characterised by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity and
    self-importance, need for admiration, and lack of empathy, people
    with narcissistic personality disorder overestimate their abilities
    and inflate their accomplishments, often appearing boastful and
    pretentious, whilst correspondingly underestimating and devaluing
    the achievements and accomplishments of others.

    Often the narcissist will fraudulently claim to have qualifications
    or experience or affiliations or associations which they don't have
    or aren't entitled to. Belief in superiority, inflating their
    self-esteem to match that of senior or important people with whom
    they associate or identify, insisting on having the "top"
    professionals or being affiliated with the "best" institutions, but
    criticising the same people who disappoint them are also common
    features of narcissistic personality disorder.

    Narcissists react angrily to criticism and when rejected, the
    narcissist will often denounce the profession which has rejected
    them (usually for lack of competence or misdeed) but simultaneously
    and paradoxically represent themselves as belonging to the
    profession they are vilifying.

    Fragile self-esteem, a need for constant attention and admiration,
    fishing for compliments (often with great charm), an expectation of
    superior entitlement, expecting others to defer to them, and a lack
    of sensitivity especially when others do not react in the expected
    manner, are also hallmarks of the disorder. Greed, expecting to
    receive before and above the needs of others, overworking those
    around them, and forming romantic (sic) or sexual relationships for
    the purpose of advancing their purpose or career, abusing special
    privileges and squandering extra resources also feature.

    People with narcissistic personality disorder also have difficulty
    recognizing the needs and feelings of others, and are dismissive,
    contemptuous and impatient when others share or discuss their
    concerns or problems. They are also oblivious to the hurtfulness of
    their behaviour or remarks, show an emotional coldness and a lack of
    reciprocal interest, exhibit envy (especially when others are
    accorded recognition), have an arrogant, disdainful and patronizing
    attitude, and are quick to blame and criticise others when their
    needs and expectations are not met.

    The DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Narcissistic Personality
    Disorder are:

    A. A pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration,
    lack of empathy, as indicated by at least five of:

    1. a grandiose sense of self-importance

    2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success,
    power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

    3. believes that he or she is "special" and can only be
    understood by, or should associate with, other special
    or high-status people (or institutions)

    4. requires excessive admiration

    5. has a sense of entitlement, ie unreasonable expectations
    of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance
    with his or her expectations

    6. is interpersonally exploitative, ie takes advantage of
    others to achieve his or her own ends

    7. lacks empathy and is unwilling to recognize or identify
    with the feelings and needs of others

    8. is often envious of others or believes that others are
    envious of him or her

    9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes

    You're truly nuts.

    Bugger off.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  3. PGP Signing

    Interesting discussion in alt.privacy.anon-server about
    the reasons for putting or not putting the PGP signatures
    in the header.

    --
    Guy Macon

  4. Re: PGP Signing

    Guy Macon trolled:

    >Interesting discussion in alt.privacy.anon-server about
    >the reasons for putting or not putting the PGP signatures
    >in the header.

    No, there isn't. Macon's credibility is at stake and he wants
    anti-rm trolls to go over and support him. He's pathetic.

    So why don't Dan C and the rest of you clowns head on over to a.p.as
    and start calling us names? Your usual acts will be all the
    endorsement we need, and your presence will serve to make Macon look
    like an even bigger asshole, if such a thing is truly possible.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  5. Re: Roger Maynard alert

    Guy Macon writes:

    > Roger, posting as "realto@justlinux.ca" has been posting to
    > alt.privacy.anon-server explaining how evil I am and what a
    > good person he is to provide the valuable service of exposing
    > my evilness. I invite those who agree with him to weigh in
    > so that Roger knows exactly how much support he has. Other
    > opinions are, of course, also welcome...
    >
    > "Usenet being what it is, if you participate in newsgroups
    > at all over a period if time you have the possibility of
    > attracting your own personal lunatic, who considers any
    > disagreement a personal affront, and considers it their
    > duty and obligation to "expose" the person they fixate on.
    > It's kind of pathetic, but they can't quite seem to figure
    > out why no one else sees their actions as heroic."
    > -Richard Ward

    Why don't you just ****ing well ignore it, instead of spamming the ****
    out this and other NGs with your petty whining?

    Christ-on-a-bike. Get over it. Ignore it. It *will* go away.

  6. Re: Roger Maynard alert

    Hadron wrote:
    > Why don't you just ****ing well ignore it, instead of spamming the ****
    > out this and other NGs with your petty whining?
    >
    > Christ-on-a-bike. Get over it. Ignore it. It *will* go away.

    Unluckily enough, rm will _not_ go away, he's been spamming this
    and other newsgroups for more then 10 years now, with no sign of ever
    letting up. Normally I just ignore all his _and_ replies TO his msgs
    (don't use a kill-file, just self-discipline).
    ** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. EWI/TW **
    ** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman@math.tudelft.nl, fax: +31-15-278 7295 **

  7. Re: Roger Maynard alert

    Eef Hartman says:
    >Hadron wrote:

    >> Why don't you just ****ing well ignore it, instead of spamming
    >> the **** out this and other NGs with your petty whining?

    >> Christ-on-a-bike. Get over it. Ignore it. It *will* go away.

    >Unluckily enough, rm will _not_ go away, he's been spamming this

    Spam? Are you kidding?

    >and other newsgroups for more then 10 years now, with no sign of

    Our first post was in 1992...

    >ever letting up. Normally I just ignore all his _and_ replies TO
    >his msgs (don't use a kill-file, just self-discipline).

    The fact is, when you saw "Roger Manyard" in the subject line, you
    couldn't resist, even though you know full well that Roger Manyard
    is not our real name.

    Try to get over yourself.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  8. Re: Roger Maynard alert

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:19:07 +0000, anon trolled:

    > The fact is, when you saw "Roger Manyard" in the subject line, you
    > couldn't resist, even though you know full well that Roger Manyard
    > is not our real name.

    Is it "Roger Manyank" ?

    > Try to get over yourself.

    Try to push yourself into the path of an oncoming train.

    > cordially, as always,

    Smeg off, troll.

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he shot another Spotted Owl.

  9. Re: Roger Maynard alert

    Dan C wrote:

    > On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:19:07 +0000, anon trolled:
    >
    > > The fact is, when you saw "Roger Manyard" in the subject line, you
    > > couldn't resist, even though you know full well that Roger Manyard
    > > is not our real name.

    > Is it "Roger Manyank" ?
    >
    > > Try to get over yourself.

    > Try to push yourself into the path of an oncoming train.
    >
    > > cordially, as always,

    > Smeg off, troll.

    Heh! Mutual fanbois.

  10. Re: Roger Maynard alert

    Anonymous Sender says:
    >Dan C wrote:
    >> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:19:07 +0000, anon trolled:

    >> > The fact is, when you saw "Roger Manyard" in the subject line,
    >> > you couldn't resist, even though you know full well that Roger
    >> > Manyard is not our real name.

    >> Is it "Roger Manyank" ?

    We suspect that this "Anonymous Sender" is really troll Dan C doing
    whatever he can do to make sure that we see his garbage. What good
    is insulting someone who has you in their killfile? This is just
    Dan C's way of nymshifting, although he probably had to boot up in
    windows to do it. Installing the unix/linux mixmaster is well
    beyond his level of ability.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

+ Reply to Thread