XFCE in Slack 12 - Slackware

This is a discussion on XFCE in Slack 12 - Slackware ; Two Ravens wrote: > Anonymous wrote: > > > Or garish windoze wannabe operating systems that nobody likes. > > It must be liked by quite a number as "Distowatch" ranks it at 11, and Nobody likes getting flu shots ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: XFCE in Slack 12

    Two Ravens wrote:

    > Anonymous wrote:
    >
    > > Or garish windoze wannabe operating systems that nobody likes.

    > It must be liked by quite a number as "Distowatch" ranks it at 11, and

    Nobody likes getting flu shots either but they're still popular.
    Considerably more popular than Slackware even.

    > Linux Counter has it as the third most installed distribution, it has
    > also managed to survive longer than any other GNU/Linux distro, so
    > your statement, to a Slackware newsgroup, that it is a distribution
    > that "...nobody likes", seems somewhat fatuous.

    Not at all. There's only two groups of people who run Slackware. The
    first group, which apparently includes yourself, mistakenly believes
    that because it's been around a while it makes them "1337". You don't
    really *like* your distribution, but you like yourself even less so you
    look for something to compensate with. Unfortunately, like most
    self-haters your chosen crutch doesn't really do much but make you look
    even more foolish to the rest of the world.

    The second group is the "old guard" who have been running it for
    decades. They absolutely *despise* Slackware, but to a man they're
    either too lazy or too stupid to learn anything else regardles of how
    easy it is to do. This group will quite often lie about their
    relationship with Slackware, but in secret they fondle themselves
    dreaming of Fedora or Debian.

    The only other Slackware installations in existence, of course, are
    those which were installed as experiments and forgotten about because
    they really do little or nothing at all besides consume electrons and
    collect dust.

    Hope this helps clear up your misconceptions. Glad to be of service.

  2. Re: XFCE in Slack 12

    Nomen Nescio wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:

    >> > Gnome is history? I can't stand KDE - it's like a pimp's car - all
    >> > fake bling and no performance.

    >> I agree about KDE... As for Gnome, it has been removed from
    >> official Slackware for quite a while now (since version 10.2, I

    > That's because Slackerware is becoming nothing but a garish Windoze
    > wannabe. Use to be a good distribution. Back around v3 or so. :-(

    Hey Steven, get a life. Don't try to troll, you will never get into the
    troll class as our favorite (sic) troll, RM

    - - - - - - - - < CHOMP > - - - - - - - -

    --
    humjohn AT aerosurf DOT net

  3. Re: XFCE in Slack 12

    On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 16:45:24 +0200, Anonymous wrote:

    Are you doing a test of your new anonymous remailer? What, no open
    relays in all of India? Is that you, Steve?

    Give it up for me!
    Who said, "Sit down." ?

    Isn't time to go back to comp.os.linux.debian and troll with this line:

    This group will quite often lie about their relationship with
    Debian, but in secret they fondle themselves dreaming of Slackware
    or Fedora.

    You know, it's just plain fun to foment discord in the ranks. Isn't it?

    I'm sure you can think of a variation for comp.os.linux.redhat when
    you're over there. Bye.

    --
    The people all said, "Sit down."
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048140/

  4. Re: XFCE in Slack 12

    HJohnson wrote:

    > Nomen Nescio wrote:
    >
    > > Dan C wrote:

    > >> I agree about KDE... As for Gnome, it has been removed from
    > >> official Slackware for quite a while now (since version 10.2, I

    > > That's because Slackerware is becoming nothing but a garish Windoze
    > > wannabe. Use to be a good distribution. Back around v3 or so. :-(

    > Hey Steven, get a life. Don't try to troll, you will never get into
    > the troll class as our favorite (sic) troll, RM

    Who is "Steven"?

  5. Re: XFCE in Slack 12

    Douglas Mayne wrote:

    > On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 16:45:24 +0200, Anonymous wrote:
    >

    > Are you doing a test of your new anonymous remailer? What, no open
    > relays in all of India? Is that you, Steve?

    Who is "Steve"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2