HP ML310 - Slackware

This is a discussion on HP ML310 - Slackware ; Who does make install slackware on HP ML310? Could You write about it?...

  1. HP ML310

    Who does make install slackware on HP ML310?
    Could You write about it?

  2. Re: HP ML310

    On 2007-07-19, Krzyszrof Karpiñski wrote:
    > Who does make install slackware on HP ML310?
    > Could You write about it?

    Are you having a specific problem with installing Slackware on this
    machine?

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  3. Re: HP ML310

    After botting CD (it is correct), and make cfdisk, I have not permissions to
    write. I could not make partition disk.

    Użytkownik "Keith Keller"
    napisał w wiadomo¶ci news:uv05n4xqi.ln2@goaway.wombat.san-francisco.ca.us...
    > On 2007-07-19, Krzyszrof Karpiñski wrote:
    > > Who does make install slackware on HP ML310?
    > > Could You write about it?

    > Are you having a specific problem with installing Slackware on this
    > machine?
    >
    > --keith
    >

    > --
    > kkeller-usenet@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
    > (try just my userid to email me)
    > AOLSFAQ=http://www.therockgarden.ca/aolsfaq.txt
    > see X- headers for PGP signature information

  4. Re: HP ML310

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:57:43 +0200, Krzyszrof Karpiński wrote:

    > After botting CD (it is correct), and make cfdisk, I have not permissions
    > to write. I could not make partition disk.

    This makes no sense. The install is done with root permissions, how can
    you not create your partitions? Why use cfdisk? Are you familiar with
    fdisk? Perhaps use that instead.

  5. Re: HP ML310

    On 2007-07-19, Krzyszrof Karpiñski wrote:
    > After botting CD (it is correct), and make cfdisk, I have not permissions to
    > write. I could not make partition disk.

    What is the exact sequence of events you perform with cfdisk, and what
    is the exact message you see? Also, it might help to see your partition
    table (both from cfdisk and from fdisk). If you don't want to have to
    write it all down and retype, you might try saving to a file, and
    configure your network interface to scp the file somewhere. You can
    also try mounting the filesystems you have and saving the file there.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  6. Re: HP ML310

    Krzyszrof Karpiński wrote:

    > After botting CD (it is correct), and make cfdisk, I have not permissions
    > to write. I could not make partition disk.

    You are trying to create the partition on your CD drive, hence the
    permissions error (since it's a read-only medium). If you have an SATA hard
    drive, then your hard drive is /dev/sdX (not /dev/hdX).

    -Carlos

  7. Re: HP ML310

  8. Re: HP ML310

    Faux_Pseudo trolled:

    How about modquoting all this stuff below?

  9. Re: HP ML310

    Krzyszrof Karpiński wrote:

    > Who does make install slackware on HP ML310?
    > Could You write about it?

    You might also find it helpful if you ask on alt.pl.comp.os.linux.slackware
    as well.

    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  10. Re: HP ML310

    In article ,
    Faux_Pseudo wrote:

    > _.-In alt.os.linux.slackware, Carlos Corbacho wrote the following -._
    > > You are trying to create the partition on your CD drive, hence the
    > > permissions error (since it's a read-only medium).

    > That is the first modquote for what will be vol 16. I have no idea
    > how you managed to say that without a smiley on it and I just found
    > it hilarious.

    I dunno, I'm pretty experienced and I've done that kind of thing. "What
    do you mean 'permission denied,' I'm logged in as roo... Doh!"
    --
    W. Oates

  11. Re: HP ML310

    It's OK
    Użytkownik "Warren Oates" napisał w wiadomo¶ci
    > In article ,
    > Faux_Pseudo wrote:
    >
    > > _.-In alt.os.linux.slackware, Carlos Corbacho wrote the following -._
    > > > You are trying to create the partition on your CD drive, hence the
    > > > permissions error (since it's a read-only medium).

    > > That is the first modquote for what will be vol 16. I have no idea
    > > how you managed to say that without a smiley on it and I just found
    > > it hilarious.

    > I dunno, I'm pretty experienced and I've done that kind of thing. "What
    > do you mean 'permission denied,' I'm logged in as roo... Doh!"
    > --
    > W. Oates

+ Reply to Thread