Double taskbar? - Slackware

This is a discussion on Double taskbar? - Slackware ; This may be a KDE question, but I have it since I installed Slack12... I have two areas on the Taskbar where icons appear for running applications. Every applications appers in both. How do I get rid of one of ...

  1. Double taskbar?

    This may be a KDE question, but I have it since I installed Slack12...

    I have two areas on the Taskbar where icons appear for running applications.
    Every applications appers in both. How do I get rid of one of them?
    No RTFM, please... I just don't know what they are called, so I cannot find
    a reference.

    (well, that's one more reason why I want to keep the command line)

  2. Re: Double taskbar?

    jjg wrote:

    > This may be a KDE question, but I have it since I installed Slack12...
    >
    > I have two areas on the Taskbar where icons appear for running
    > applications. Every applications appers in both. How do I get rid of one
    > of them? No RTFM, please... I just don't know what they are called, so I
    > cannot find a reference.
    >
    > (well, that's one more reason why I want to keep the command line)

    I have already found it. When you hover over the area, you find that a tiny
    arrow pops up, an if you click on that, you get a.o. the option Remove
    Taskbar. Clearly that is the name of the "area in which icons appear"... I
    thought that the whole thing at the bottom of the screen was the taskbar.
    And, indeed, when I select this option, the extra taskbar vanishes. Now
    hope that I can remember this next time it happens again... ;-(

  3. Re: Double taskbar?

    jjg wrote:
    > I have already found it. When you hover over the area, you find that a tiny
    > arrow pops up, an if you click on that, you get a.o. the option Remove
    > Taskbar. Clearly that is the name of the "area in which icons appear"... I
    > thought that the whole thing at the bottom of the screen was the taskbar.
    > And, indeed, when I select this option, the extra taskbar vanishes. Now
    > hope that I can remember this next time it happens again... ;-(

    well, both your question *and* your answer are stored by google, so you
    should be able to find it again.

    --
    Joost Kremers joostkremers@yahoo.com
    EN:SiS(9)

  4. Re: Double taskbar?

    Joost Kremers wrote:

    > jjg wrote:
    >> I have already found it. When you hover over the area, you find that a
    >> tiny arrow pops up, an if you click on that, you get a.o. the option
    >> Remove Taskbar. Clearly that is the name of the "area in which icons
    >> appear"... I thought that the whole thing at the bottom of the screen was
    >> the taskbar. And, indeed, when I select this option, the extra taskbar
    >> vanishes. Now hope that I can remember this next time it happens again...
    >> ;-(

    > well, both your question *and* your answer are stored by google, so you
    > should be able to find it again.

    May be hard, even using Google-- I still have to remember the right words!

  5. Re: Double taskbar?

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:10:41 +0200, jjg wrote:

    > jjg wrote:
    >
    >> This may be a KDE question, but I have it since I installed Slack12...
    >>

    > Remove Taskbar. Clearly that is the name of the "area in which icons
    > appear"... I thought that the whole thing at the bottom of the screen
    > was the taskbar.

    In the 21st century, only knowing the command line has made you computer
    illiterate.

    Sorry, this wasn't fair to an old skooler. - Have you tried Xfce4.4 yet?

    --
    B.Hoffmann

  6. Re: Double taskbar?

    B.Hoffmann trolled:

    >In the 21st century, only knowing the command line has made you computer
    >illiterate.

    The only problem is, the "keeper" of the "modquotes" is himself
    "computer illiterate" so this statement will never make it.

    You have to say something that aligns you with the trash troll
    clique before you will be quoted.

    >Sorry, this wasn't fair to an old skooler. - Have you tried Xfce4.4 yet?

    It is entirely fair.

    cordially, as always,

    rm
    --
    Guy Bacon's new resume can be found here:

    http://guybacon.bounceme.net

+ Reply to Thread