Installing server HP ml310 - Slackware

This is a discussion on Installing server HP ml310 - Slackware ; Hello I would like installing slackware-12.0 on server HP ml310. How can I do it? Help me...

  1. Installing server HP ml310

    Hello
    I would like installing slackware-12.0 on server HP ml310. How can I do it?
    Help me

  2. Re: Installing server HP ml310

    Krzyszrof Karpiński wrote:
    > Hello
    > I would like installing slackware-12.0 on server HP ml310. How can I do it?
    > Help me

    http://www.slackware.com/install/
    HTH

  3. Re: Installing server HP ml310

    On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Krzyszrof Karpiński wrote:

    > Hello
    > I would like installing slackware-12.0 on server HP ml310. How can I do it?
    > Help me

    (1) go to http://slackware.com and purchase the media.
    (2) put the media into your cd/dvd drive and reboot.
    (3) follow the on-screen instructions.

    HTH
    --
    William Hunt, Portland Oregon USA

  4. Re: Installing server HP ml310

    After booting I make cfdisk, and I have not got parmission to write.What
    problem?
    Użytkownik "William Hunt" napisał w wiadomości
    news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0707181014520.27592@worker.prv8 .net...
    On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Krzyszrof Karpiński wrote:

    > Hello
    > I would like installing slackware-12.0 on server HP ml310. How can I do

    it?
    > Help me

    (1) go to http://slackware.com and purchase the media.
    (2) put the media into your cd/dvd drive and reboot.
    (3) follow the on-screen instructions.

    HTH
    --
    William Hunt, Portland Oregon USA

  5. Re: Installing server HP ml310

    On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Krzyszrof Karpiński wrote:
    > After booting I make cfdisk, and I have not got parmission to write.What
    > problem?

    I don't know.
    That is an uncommon problem,
    and difficult to diagnose without detailed information.
    which slackware version are you installing ?

    are you installing from cd, dvd, or ?
    ( if installing from a downloaded iso, it is possible that the
    download or the burn was not clean. the md5sum program can be
    used to verify that the iso is good ...)

    what type of disk drives does your machine have ?
    can you run 'fdisk -l' ?
    what does that report ?

    Also, please don't "top-post" - put your answers below the
    question, not above it.

    HTH
    --
    William Hunt, Portland Oregon USA

  6. Re: Installing server HP ml310

    I have a new server HP ML310. I 'd like to install slackware-12.0. After
    cfdisk I have not permissions to write on it. The CD is correct. Server HP
    has sata discks.
    Użytkownik "Krzyszrof Karpiński" napisał w
    wiadomości news:f7lg48$38k$1@news2.task.gda.pl...
    > Hello
    > I would like installing slackware-12.0 on server HP ml310. How can I do

    it?
    > Help me

  7. Re: Installing server HP ml310

    Krzyszrof Karpiński wrote:
    > I have a new server HP ML310. I 'd like to install slackware-12.0. After
    > cfdisk I have not permissions to write on it. The CD is correct. Server HP
    > has sata discks.

    Some BIOS option that prevents opdating the master boot record?
    Look for options named something like "virus protection" in your BIOS
    setup.

    Regards,

    Kees.

    --