Slackware 12 ssmtp?? - Slackware

This is a discussion on Slackware 12 ssmtp?? - Slackware ; Hi, Just finished combing the Slackware 12 DVD and could not find the MTA ssmtp. Went to download the source (Internet) and could not find that either. Does anybody have any experience using ssmtp with Slackware 12 and even better ...

  1. Slackware 12 ssmtp??

    Hi,

    Just finished combing the Slackware 12 DVD and could not find the MTA
    ssmtp. Went to download the source (Internet) and could not find that
    either.

    Does anybody have any experience using ssmtp with Slackware 12 and
    even better a location for the source package?

    Thanks,

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew's Corner
    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/homer.html

  2. Re: Slackware 12 ssmtp??

    On 2007-07-18, andrew wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just finished combing the Slackware 12 DVD and could not find the MTA
    > ssmtp. Went to download the source (Internet) and could not find that
    > either.
    >
    > Does anybody have any experience using ssmtp with Slackware 12 and
    > even better a location for the source package?

    Well I have eventually found source at:

    http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/ma...61.orig.tar.gz

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew's Corner
    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/homer.html

  3. Re: Slackware 12 ssmtp??

    andrew wrote:
    > Does anybody have any experience using ssmtp with Slackware 12 and
    > even better a location for the source package?

    the first link google gives you takes you to a debian package page, which
    *does* contain a link to the source. (search the page for "source
    package").

    i have no experience using ssmtp on slackware 12, however, as i use msmtp
    and am running slackintosh 11.0...

    --
    Joost Kremers joostkremers@yahoo.com
    EN:SiS(9)