slack won't boot after migration with ghost image - Slackware

This is a discussion on slack won't boot after migration with ghost image - Slackware ; During an upgrade of my multi-boot system, I wrote a ghost image of my slack 10.2 partition to the new HD. Slack was on hda3 on the old system, and hda4 on the new. On trying to boot, either with ...

  1. slack won't boot after migration with ghost image

    During an upgrade of my multi-boot system, I wrote a ghost image of my
    slack 10.2 partition to the new HD. Slack was on hda3 on the old
    system, and hda4 on the new. On trying to boot, either with grub or
    loadlin, the boot only goes so far, and ends with the message: "The
    reiserfs system block cannot be found on /dev/hda3. Failed to open
    the filesystem.

    Naturally, I'm indicating to both grub and loadlin to look in /dev/
    hda4. So is there some configuration file I can edit (with Knoppix,
    say) to straighten this out?

  2. Re: slack won't boot after migration with ghost image

    Le 17.07.2007 23:15, rufovillosum@yahoo.com a écrit :

    > Naturally, I'm indicating to both grub and loadlin to look in /dev/
    > hda4. So is there some configuration file I can edit (with Knoppix,
    > say) to straighten this out?

    /etc/fstab ?

+ Reply to Thread