Re: Att: Employers-Guy Macon - Slackware

This is a discussion on Re: Att: Employers-Guy Macon - Slackware ; Roger Manyard wrote: >> The implication is that you speak for the group. Since I am a >> long-time lurker, I have seen that this is clearly not the case. > > No, the implication is that we speak for ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 43 of 43

  1. Re: Att: We are bored

    Roger Manyard wrote:

    >> The implication is that you speak for the group. Since I am a
    >> long-time lurker, I have seen that this is clearly not the case.

    > No, the implication is that we speak for _a_ group. And most
    > certainly that group claims many lurkers amongst its membership.

    Since you are posting in *this* group, the implication is that you speak
    for *this* group.

    >> It also gives the impression to those that read your posts that you
    >> are an effete snob. To use an English colloquialism, you're a bit
    >> of a wanker.

    > Effete?

    Effete, adj, Marked by self-indulgence, triviality, or decadence.

    > effetely, as always,

    Would that be self-indulgent, trivial or decadent?

    Certainly the first, definitely the second.

    But the wanker tag holds firm.

    Me Now.

  2. Re: Att: We are bored

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:27:59 +0100, Me Now wrote:

    >> No, the implication is that we speak for _a_ group. And most
    >> certainly that group claims many lurkers amongst its membership.

    > Since you are posting in *this* group, the implication is that you speak
    > for *this* group.

    ___________________
    /| /| | |
    ||__|| | Please do |
    / O O\__ NOT |
    / \ feed the |
    / \ \ trolls |
    / _ \ \ ______________|
    / |\____\ \ ||
    / | | | |\____/ ||
    / \|_|_|/ \ __||
    / / \ |____| ||
    / | | /| | --|
    | | |// |____ --|
    * _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
    *-- _--\ _ \ // |
    / _ \\ _ // | /
    * / \_ /- | - | |
    * ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

  3. Re: Att: We are bored

    Me Now trolled:
    >Roger Manyard wrote:

    >>> The implication is that you speak for the group. Since I am a
    >>> long-time lurker, I have seen that this is clearly not the case.

    >> No, the implication is that we speak for _a_ group. And most
    >> certainly that group claims many lurkers amongst its membership.

    >Since you are posting in *this* group, the implication is that you
    >speak for *this* group.

    No, the implication is that we are speaking only for us. Since you
    are part of the newsgroup and you don't consider yourself part of
    us, how could you infer that we are speaking for the newsgroup as a
    whole?

    >>> It also gives the impression to those that read your posts that
    >>> you are an effete snob. To use an English colloquialism, you're
    >>> a bit of a wanker.

    >> Effete?

    >Effete, adj, Marked by self-indulgence, triviality, or decadence.

    >> effetely, as always,

    >Would that be self-indulgent, trivial or decadent?

    cordially, as always,

    rm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3