    they're bound to ruin a Slackware system.
    From: cashmir

    Every so often you will see a post letting people know that an
    updated Best of alt.os.linux.slackware Fortune Mod is available
    for download. The url is:

    This fortune mod is a collection of quotes either seen on AOLS
    or by AOLS regulars that were deemed so wise, funny, inflammatory
    or any combination of those that they were submitted for inclusion.

    Please take the time to follow the guidelines at the URL above
    and see to it that there will be a next release, as others have
    done to make the past releases possible.

  2. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:40:06 +0000, ModQuote_FAQ wrote:

    > as long as swaret & company cannot read and interpret the changelog
    > they're bound to ruin a Slackware system.
    > From: cashmir

    Har! Bravo!

  3. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    ModQuote_FAQ@dev.null trolled:

    > FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in
    > the YOLD 3171)

    What are the "Frequently Asked Questions" about this garbage? We
    can think of several, and the very first is "why?" Perhaps a second
    might be, why can't you use a real calendar? What's the point of
    the silliness above? A related question might be, why is it that
    pseudo computer types are in to fantasy/sci-fi? There is nothing
    connecting the two.

    > Sample Mod Quote:

    [gratuitous ascii "art" line, deleted]

    > as long as swaret & company cannot read and interpret the changelog
    > they're bound to ruin a Slackware system.
    > From: cashmir

    [second gratuitous ascii "art" line, deleted]

    Nobody cares about swaret. Most people around here probably don't
    know what it is. There is nothing about this quote that could be
    "... deemed so wise, funny, inflammatory or any combination of
    those."

    Again, we ask "why?"

    cordially, as always,

    rm
    --
    .... the only things that separate it (slackware) from others are the
    things it lacks... not has. -- ANC

  4. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    Rhonda Moffat wrote:

    > Nobody cares about swaret.

    Probably true.

    > Most people around here probably don't know what it is.

    I wouldn't have thought so, but most people around here do know that it is
    best avoided

    > There is nothing about this quote that could be "... deemed so wise,
    > funny, inflammatory or any combination of those."

    That is rather dependent one ones point of view. However, as usual, an
    insightful opinion on the value of swaret, trenchantly expressed.

    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

+ Reply to Thread