Slackware 12.1 - Slackware

This is a discussion on Slackware 12.1 - Slackware ; When will Slackware 12.1 be released? What kernel will it use? What about Gnome?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

  1. Slackware 12.1

    When will Slackware 12.1 be released? What kernel will it use? What
    about Gnome?

  2. Re: Slackware 12.1

    On 3 , 17:26, LeoTheC...@gmail.com wrote:
    > When will Slackware 12.1 be released? What kernel will it use? What
    > about Gnome?

    LOL 12.0 was released like 2 days ago!

  3. Re: Slackware 12.1

    LeoTheComm@gmail.com wrote:

    > When will Slackware 12.1 be released? What kernel will it use? What
    > about Gnome?

    Gnome?! We don't need no stinking gnomes! As if the trolls weren't enough!

    --
    Old Man

    "Swagger isn't courage." Lee Iacocca

  4. Re: Slackware 12.1

    LeoTheComm@gmail.com wrote:

    > When will Slackware 12.1 be released?

    Why is the release date important to you?

    > What kernel will it use?

    The most suitable one available when it is released.

    > What about Gnome?

    Which one, David? Or the other one, now what was his name...
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  5. Re: Slackware 12.1

    On 2007-07-03, LeoTheComm@gmail.com wrote:
    > When will Slackware 12.1 be released? What kernel will it use? What
    > about Gnome?

    Don't be a jackass.

    -Matt

  6. Re: Slackware 12.1

    LeoTheComm@gmail.com wrote:

    > When will Slackware 12.1 be released?

    Your joking right?
    > What kernel will it use?

    I heard a rumor that Pat is going to use the kernel code named "Sanders"
    > What about Gnome?

    After being released from Slackware, Gnome has gone to work for travelocity
    ensuring to all that we never roam alone.

    MikeinAK

  7. Re: Slackware 12.1

    On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 06:26:23 -0700, LeoTheComm wrote:

    > When will Slackware 12.1 be released? What kernel will it use? What
    > about Gnome?

    Quite frankly, since 12.0 was released yesterday, I think that's a bit
    premature to worry about 12.1.

  8. Re: Slackware 12.1

    On 2007-07-03, LeoTheComm@gmail.com wrote:
    > When will Slackware 12.1 be released?

    Slackware 12.1 was released in the year 1201.

    > What kernel will it use?

    It used the 3.1.4.1.5.9 kernel.

    > What about Gnome?

    Gnomes were too expensive, so now halflings are hard at work on the next
    Slackware release.

    I know we're all looking forward to your next positive contribution to
    alt.os.linux.slackware.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  9. Re: Slackware 12.1

    LeoTheComm@gmail.com wrote:
    > When will Slackware 12.1 be released? What kernel will it use? What
    > about Gnome?

    dude, you're nuts. Leave The Man alone.

  10. Re: Slackware 12.1

    In newsgroup alt.os.linux.slackware, LeoTheComm@gmail.com wrote:

    > When will Slackware 12.1 be released? What kernel will it use? What
    > about Gnome?

    What's the deal with asking when the next version of Slackware will be out
    when the current release (12.0) has been out for just a few days???? Heck,
    most mirrors still don't have it!!! Why don't you at least try out this
    fresh new release before asking such a useless and moronic question? The
    answers to all such questions posted by whoever about whatever next release
    of Slackware are always the same anyway:

    _IT_ _COMES_ _WHEN_ _IT_ _COMES_

    Whoever isn't happy with that should leave for other pastures, use another
    distro and, above all, stop posting such stupid questions.

    Joe

  11. Re: Slackware 12.1

    Joe trolled:
    > In newsgroup alt.os.linux.slackware, LeoTheComm@gmail.com wrote:

    >> When will Slackware 12.1 be released? What kernel will it use? What
    >> about Gnome?

    > What's the deal with asking when the next version of Slackware will be out
    > when the current release (12.0) has been out for just a few days???? Heck,
    > most mirrors still don't have it!!! Why don't you at least try out this
    > fresh new release before asking such a useless and moronic question? The
    > answers to all such questions posted by whoever about whatever next release
    > of Slackware are always the same anyway:

    > _IT_ _COMES_ _WHEN_ _IT_ _COMES_

    Actually all that answer means is, "I don't know", but it usually
    comes from some little puss like you whose ego won't allow him to
    say that he doesn't know something.

    So instead of saying, "I don't know", or saying nothing at all,
    little men like you try to take a morally superior position that one
    shouldn't be asking when the next distro is coming out.

    If in fact someone did know that 12.1 was coming out in 6 months,
    (and there is no reason why a newbie would know that nobody does
    know this) someone might wish to forego installing 12.0 and wait for
    12.1, simply because some people don't like to install x.0 distros
    or applications out of principle.

    So the truth of the matter is that asking when 12.1 is coming out is
    a perfectly rational thing to ask for someone who is new to the
    community. Your response, on the other hand, is neither reasonable
    nor rational. You simply don't know but that hardly entitles you to
    be sarcastice and negative.

    We are going to killfile you for 28 days and when we come back, if
    you are still an asshole, we are going to killfile you permanently.

    Is that ok with you?

    cordially, as always,

    rm
    --
    .... the only things that separate it (slackware) from others are the
    things it lacks... not has. -- ANC

  12. Re: Slackware 12.1

    On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:26:02 -0800, MikeinAK wrote:

    >> When will Slackware 12.1 be released?

    > Your joking right?

    His joking what?

  13. Re: Slackware 12.1

    In newsgroup alt.os.linux.slackware, Rhonda Moffat wrote:

    > We are going to killfile you for 28 days and when we come back, if
    > you are still an asshole, we are going to killfile you permanently.

    rm, alias Ronald Maynard, alias Rialto Margarino,

    GFY

    With utmost sincerity.

    Joe

  14. Re: Slackware 12.1

    escreveu na mensagem
    news:1183469183.428818.80320@w5g2000hsg.googlegrou ps.com...
    > When will Slackware 12.1 be released? What kernel will it use? What
    > about Gnome?

    Geeez, one can't post a joke these days...

    Regards

    Paulo

    --
    I don't have a sig

  15. Re: Slackware 12.1

    On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:04:55 +0100, Paulo Costa wrote:

    > Geeez, one can't post a joke these days...

    Bugger off, Win-droid.

  16. Re: Slackware 12.1

    "Dan C" escreveu na mensagem
    newsan.2007.07.04.15.47.26.317433@lan.invalid...
    > On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:04:55 +0100, Paulo Costa wrote:
    >
    >> Geeez, one can't post a joke these days...

    > Bugger off, Win-droid.
    >

    > --
    > "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

    Mr DanC: you remind me those two old farts in the balcony in "The Muppet
    Show"...

    Regards

    Paulo

    --
    I don't have a sig

  17. Re: Slackware 12.1

    "Paulo Costa" wrote:

    > Mr DanC: you remind me those two old farts in the balcony in "The Muppet
    > Show"... *

    But then they were famous, and you...
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  18. Re: Slackware 12.1

    Two Ravens (two-ravens@operamail.com) writes:
    > "Paulo Costa" wrote:
    >
    >> Mr DanC: you remind me those two old farts in the balcony in "The Muppet
    >> Show"... *

    > But then they were famous, and you...

    But they were named after famous hotels.

    Michael

  19. Re: Slackware 12.1

    Michael Black wrote:

    > But they were named after famous hotels.

    Paulo Costa on the other hand is named after a chain of overpriced, and not
    very good coffe bars.
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."