mutt / Gmail / Slackware - Slackware

This is a discussion on mutt / Gmail / Slackware - Slackware ; Hi, I have spent some time and effort setting up mutt to read and send email using Gmail as a relay: http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/mutt.html Using another distro of course. As I wait for the Australian servers to have Slackware 12 available can ...

  1. mutt / Gmail / Slackware

    Hi,

    I have spent some time and effort setting up mutt to read and send
    email using Gmail as a relay:

    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/mutt.html

    Using another distro of course. As I wait for the Australian servers
    to have Slackware 12 available can I ask is there a more "native"
    slackware way of doing this?

    Thanks,

    Andrew
    --
    Andrew's Corner
    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/homer.html

  2. Re: mutt / Gmail / Slackware

    andrew wrote:
    > I have spent some time and effort setting up mutt to read and send
    > email using Gmail as a relay:
    >
    > http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/mutt.html
    >
    > Using another distro of course. As I wait for the Australian servers
    > to have Slackware 12 available can I ask is there a more "native"
    > slackware way of doing this?

    i don't know what you mean by "more native". in slack, you'd install the
    same (or a similar[1]) set of programs to do the same thing.

    note, btw, that mutt has pop3 support, and the latest development version
    even has smtp support. i don't know if mutt is able to filter messages when
    downloading them through pop, though.

    Footnotes:
    [1] i prefer msmtp, and since i use imap i have no use for fetchmail and
    procmail. (and if i did, i'd probably use getmail instead of fetchmail...)

    --
    Joost Kremers joostkremers@yahoo.com
    EN:SiS(9)

+ Reply to Thread