cdrom device node - Slackware

This is a discussion on cdrom device node - Slackware ; I mistakenly removed my cdrom device file, now i don't know which node should i create. I'm using slack 11, my cdrom drive is a nec nd6650A i don't want to resart my pc. -- heavytull...

  1. cdrom device node

    --
    heavytull

  2. Re: cdrom device node

    heavytull wrote:
    > I mistakenly removed my cdrom device file, now i don't know which node should i
    > create.
    >
    > I'm using slack 11,
    > my cdrom drive is a nec nd6650A
    > i don't want to resart my pc.

    Create a new link from /dev/hdc or wherever your cdrom is connected
    ln -s /dev/hdc /dev/cdrom

  3. Re: cdrom device node

    dillinger wrote:
    > Create a new link from /dev/hdc or wherever your cdrom is connected

    And if you don't know, use 'dmesg' to find out.

    --
    Milan Babuskov
    http://home.gna.org/vodovod

+ Reply to Thread