PC v. Mac - Slackware

This is a discussion on PC v. Mac - Slackware ; Now we all know that PC is supposed to be Bill Gates. But who is Mac supposed to be? Certainly not Steve Jobs. And where the hell is the Linus Torvalds look-alike? Shouldn't there be a linux guy out there? ...

  1. PC v. Mac

    Now we all know that PC is supposed to be Bill Gates. But who is
    Mac supposed to be? Certainly not Steve Jobs. And where the hell
    is the Linus Torvalds look-alike? Shouldn't there be a linux guy
    out there?

    Maybe someone wearing a red hat? Maybe the linux guy should be out
    there, all alone, with hair down to his ass, bitching about gnome or
    something?

    Or maybe he should be some bitter old ****, freezing his ass off
    somewhere, sitting there holding out a bowl of polar bear stew? And
    then there is the man we all know with the pipe. What's in the pipe
    is the big secret.

    But our personal preference for the linux man is:

    http://www.guymacon.com

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  2. Re: PC v. Mac

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:43:31 +0000, Rhonda Moffat trolled:

    > Or maybe he should be some bitter old ****, freezing his ass off

    <...in Canada...>

    Bugger off, troll.

  3. Re: PC v. Mac

    Rhonda Moffat wrote:

    > Now we all know that PC is supposed to be Bill Gates. But who is
    > Mac supposed to be? Certainly not Steve Jobs. And where the hell
    > is the Linus Torvalds look-alike? Shouldn't there be a linux guy
    > out there?

    Who cares?

    - - - - -< SNIP > - - - - - - -(Big Time Snip)

    Trying to start another troll? Are your multiple personalities bored with
    each other, again? Are they not communicating among themselves?

    > cordially, as always,

    Doubtful!

    > rm

    Hugh
    --
    humjohn AT aerosurf DOT net

  4. Re: PC v. Mac

    Rhonda Moffat wrote:
    > Now we all know that PC is supposed to be Bill Gates. But who is
    > Mac supposed to be? Certainly not Steve Jobs. And where the hell
    > is the Linus Torvalds look-alike? Shouldn't there be a linux guy
    > out there?
    >
    > Maybe someone wearing a red hat? Maybe the linux guy should be out
    > there, all alone, with hair down to his ass, bitching about gnome or
    > something?
    >
    > Or maybe he should be some bitter old ****, freezing his ass off
    > somewhere, sitting there holding out a bowl of polar bear stew? And
    > then there is the man we all know with the pipe. What's in the pipe
    > is the big secret.
    >
    > But our personal preference for the linux man is:
    >
    > http://www.guymacon.com
    >
    > cordially, as always,
    >
    > rm

    maybe straight laced business suit with a pipe on top, tie die shorts and sandals on bottom,
    legs that look like they were transplanted from a gorilla. a wheeled coke cooler by his side,
    perpetual disingenuous smile.

  5. Re: PC v. Mac

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:10:27 -0700, HJohnson wrote:

    > Trying to start another troll? Are your multiple personalities bored
    > with each other, again? Are they not communicating among themselves?

    If you guys would ignore this rm guy I'd never see his posts.

    What's really bad is people let the moron hijack threads with his
    trolling. Someone might be searching Google for an answer and run into
    these hijacked threads

    Even though he changes ID's he can still be blocked.

    Normally I wouldn't say anything but people have let this go on for
    years now. Come on, Slackers, you are smarter than to let a troll
    continue like this.

    Oh I know it's fun to bitch slap a him and it's hard to resist,
    but remember, "Don't feed the troll".

    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

  6. Re: PC v. Mac

    Ron Gibson wrote:

    > Normally I wouldn't say anything but people have let this go on for
    > years now. Come on, Slackers, you are smarter than to let a troll
    > continue like this.

    He is an effective troll - I generally ignore him, but every once in a while
    I get suckered in (especially when I've been drinking - maybe that is the
    problem with so many of the Slackers - they are drunks).

    He has been harassing this group for, what, at least 6 years now? Maybe 7?
    I was hoping he would have been kicked in the head by a moose or something
    by now.

    - Kurt

  7. Re: PC v. Mac

    On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:03:14 +0000, ~kurt wrote:

    > He is an effective troll -

    Unfortunately, true.

    > I generally ignore him, but every once in a
    > while I get suckered in (especially when I've been drinking - maybe

    Oh, I know. It's hard to resist at times.

    > that is the problem with so many of the Slackers - they are drunks).

    What were we talking about? Man, I'm *really* hungry :-)

    > He has been harassing this group for, what, at least 6 years now? Maybe
    > 7?

    Yep, a long time. As best as can remember about 5-6 years, maybe a
    year or two more.

    > I was hoping he would have been kicked in the head by a moose or
    > something by now.

    We could chip in and buy him a ticket to swim with the sharks down here
    in Florida :-)

    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

  8. Re: PC v. Mac

    Ron Gibson trolled:

    > What's really bad is people let the moron hijack threads with his
    > trolling. Someone might be searching Google for an answer and run
    > into these hijacked threads

    And that upsets the moral balance in your anal universe?

    > Even though he changes ID's he can still be blocked.

    Tell us how you do it. Oh, you can't? Why is that???

    > Normally I wouldn't say anything but people have let this go on
    > for years now. Come on, Slackers, you are smarter than to let a
    > troll continue like this.

    We have made it our mission to drive off the anals. It seems that
    we have overlooked at least one. We apologize for not giving you
    the attention that you crave, if not deserve.

    > Oh I know it's fun to bitch slap a him and it's hard to resist,
    > but remember, "Don't feed the troll".

    The only "bitch slapping" you've ever tried was against mom. And
    she won that event, too, didn't she?

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  9. Re: PC v. Mac

    ~kurt wrote:

    .... snip about rm ...

    > He has been harassing this group for, what, at least 6 years now?
    > Maybe 7? I was hoping he would have been kicked in the head by a
    > moose or something by now.

    Hey, our local meese are smarter than that. They ignore it. :-)

    --

    cbfalconer at maineline dot net

  10. Re: PC v. Mac

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:43:31 +0000, Rhonda Moffat wrote:

    *plink*
    so many morphs, so much room in the idiot bin

+ Reply to Thread