Hush! MS is testing XP Plus! - Slackware

This is a discussion on Hush! MS is testing XP Plus! - Slackware ; Yes, it's true. Microsoft, after recording less than stellar sales of Vista, has found Jesus. They have decided to *finally* to go back to the most stable platform they own, namely XP. AND, fix it's problems. An annoymous source, has ...

  1. Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    Yes, it's true. Microsoft, after recording less than stellar sales of Vista,
    has found Jesus. They have decided to *finally* to go back to the most
    stable platform they own, namely XP. AND, fix it's problems.

    An annoymous source, has told me, that due to the backlash (finally) of
    consumers, that Vista is in the trash. It will be supported (due to contract
    obligations), but it won't be updated. They have seen the light, apparently.

    Too many have discarded Vista, gone back to XP or started on Linux, and
    Redmond is listening at last.

    "The customer base is erroding, and we need to address their issues," said
    one architectural engineer. Another said, "Microsoft doesn't take it's
    customers problems lightly, and will correct any problems."

    It's likely a marketing ploy, in any case. However, because the world runs
    on Windows (and oil), it's not likely that this giant made the turn on a
    whim. They may have decided to return to their roots, and simply make a
    product that's good on it's merits, and not on it's monopoly.

    (AP unifeed 5.66885.9994, corrected for errors)

  2. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 03:27:33 +0000, Travis McGee wrote:

    > Yes, it's true. Microsoft, after recording less than stellar sales of Vista,

    Bugger off, Win-droid.

    Nobody here gives a **** about Vista, or Microshaft.

    Bugger off.

  3. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    On 2007-06-29, Travis McGee wrote:
    > Yes, it's true. Microsoft, after recording less than stellar sales of Vista,
    > has found Jesus. They have decided to *finally* to go back to the most
    > stable platform they own, namely XP. AND, fix it's problems.

    I guess Tony isn't the only person who sends posts to the wrong
    newsgroup.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  4. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    Travis McGee wrote:

    > However, because the world runs on Windows

    Maybe the world of powerpoint slides and expense report spreadsheets.
    The mission-critical world runs on Unix...

  5. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    "Chris Sorenson" wrote in message
    > The mission-critical world runs on Unix...

    And maybe not so much on humor? It's a PARODY...............geez..

  6. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    "Travis McGee" escreveu na mensagem
    news:gC1hi.2087$tj6.214@newsread4.news.pas.earthli nk.net...

    > "Chris Sorenson" wrote in message
    >> The mission-critical world runs on Unix...

    > And maybe not so much on humor? It's a PARODY...............geez..

    Take the critic tone in here with a grain of salt, Travis; some Slackers
    seem to have difficulty in smiling...
    " - Doctor!... Doctor!... It hurts when I push here!...
    - Well, don't push there, then!..."

    Regards

    Paulo

    --
    I don't have a sig

  7. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 00:40:11 -0500, Chris Sorenson wrote:

    > Travis McGee wrote:
    >>
    >> However, because the world runs on Windows
    >>

    > Maybe the world of powerpoint slides and expense report spreadsheets.
    > The mission-critical world runs on Unix...

    At White Sands Missile Range there is a lot of SUSE Linux in the real time
    mission control area.

  8. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    Travis McGee trolled:

    > Yes, it's true. Microsoft, after recording less than stellar sales
    > of Vista, has found Jesus. They have decided to *finally* to go
    > back to the most stable platform they own, namely XP. AND, fix
    > it's problems.

    > An annoymous source, has told me, that due to the backlash
    > (finally) of consumers, that Vista is in the trash. It will be
    > supported (due to contract obligations), but it won't be updated.
    > They have seen the light, apparently.

    An anonymous source? Why anonymous?

    > Too many have discarded Vista, gone back to XP or started on
    > Linux, and Redmond is listening at last.

    Is Vista really that bad? (serious question, we have never used it)

    > "The customer base is erroding, and we need to address their
    > issues," said one architectural engineer. Another said, "Microsoft
    > doesn't take it's customers problems lightly, and will correct any
    > problems."

    Another anonymous Engineer. Could it be The Phat Phuck hisself?
    Did it say whether the guy had a real degree?

    > It's likely a marketing ploy, in any case. However, because the
    > world runs on Windows (and oil),

    Windows, oil, and Coca Cola, and now 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

    > it's not likely that this giant made the turn on a whim. They may
    > have decided to return to their roots, and simply make a product
    > that's good on it's merits, and not on it's monopoly.

    And will linux take them on with a Pepsi Challenge?

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  9. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    "Rhonda Moffat" wrote in message
    news:Pvahi.1061695$9i2.263478@fe06.news.easynews.c om...
    > Is Vista really that bad? (serious question, we have never used it)

    The most buggy OS since ME (and that was one buggy POS).

    Yep, everybody hates it, exccept M$.

  10. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    On Jun 29, 1:26 am, "Travis McGee" wrote:
    > "Chris Sorenson" wrote in message

    > > The mission-critical world runs on Unix...

    > And maybe not so much on humor? It's a PARODY...............geez..

    Well, I did think the rest of it was funny, but that line was OVER THE
    LINE!

  11. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:43:45 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    >> Yes, it's true. Microsoft, after recording less than stellar sales of
    >> Vista,

    > Bugger off, Win-droid.

    > Nobody here gives a **** about Vista, or Microshaft.

    Yeah, that was troll bait.

    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

  12. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:37:25 +0000, Travis McGee wrote:

    >> Is Vista really that bad? (serious question, we have never used it)

    > The most buggy OS since ME (and that was one buggy POS).
    > Yep, everybody hates it, exccept M$.

    Even you drooling Win-droids?

    Bugger off on out of here.

  13. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:33:51 +0000, Rhonda Moffat wrote:

    >> It's likely a marketing ploy, in any case. However, because the world
    >> runs on Windows (and oil),

    > Windows, oil, and Coca Cola, and now 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

    I'd have say 3 are essentially bad but one has still some
    use until someone make a plane flying on something that's not
    just a souvenir.

    But maybe did you mean you have to drink oil to survive
    watching CocaCola trailers on Windows?

  14. Re: Hush! MS is testing XP Plus!

    loki harfagr trolled:
    > On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:33:51 +0000, Rhonda Moffat wrote:

    >>> It's likely a marketing ploy, in any case. However, because the world
    >>> runs on Windows (and oil),

    >> Windows, oil, and Coca Cola, and now 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

    > I'd have say 3 are essentially bad but one has still some
    > use until someone make a plane flying on something that's not
    > just a souvenir.

    > But maybe did you mean you have to drink oil to survive
    > watching CocaCola trailers on Windows?

    We referring to the similarity between the idea of replacing Vista
    with XP and the new coke with the old coke. We've yet to see this
    done with oil, and that's why we stated that 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

+ Reply to Thread