Balvenie founders reserve - Slackware

This is a discussion on Balvenie founders reserve - Slackware ; Steve, Jellie got back from NY yesterday hauling a bottle of Balvenie back with her as a present for me.. V.nice dram indeed and goes to the top of my speyside list, just above Aberlour & Macallan. I believe the ...

  1. Balvenie founders reserve

    Steve,

    Jellie got back from NY yesterday hauling a bottle of Balvenie back with
    her as a present for me.. V.nice dram indeed and goes to the top of my
    speyside list, just above Aberlour & Macallan.

    I believe the doublewood is supposed to be even better and that'll be
    added to my 'to do' list.

    Cheers,
    Tone

    PS. Limping again... Pulled muscle in calf again but should make it
    Saturday...

  2. Re: Balvenie founders reserve

    Tony Ferris wrote:
    > Steve,
    >
    > Jellie got back from NY yesterday hauling a bottle of Balvenie back with
    > her as a present for me.. V.nice dram indeed and goes to the top of my
    > speyside list, just above Aberlour & Macallan.
    >
    > I believe the doublewood is supposed to be even better and that'll be
    > added to my 'to do' list.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Tone
    >
    > PS. Limping again... Pulled muscle in calf again but should make it
    > Saturday...

    wth is this!

  3. Re: Balvenie founders reserve

    Tony Ferris wrote:
    > Steve,
    >
    > Jellie got back from NY yesterday hauling a bottle of Balvenie back with
    > her as a present for me.. V.nice dram indeed and goes to the top of my
    > speyside list, just above Aberlour & Macallan.
    >
    > I believe the doublewood is supposed to be even better and that'll be
    > added to my 'to do' list.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Tone
    >
    > PS. Limping again... Pulled muscle in calf again but should make it
    > Saturday...

    Lol... Um... What can I say Wrong newsgroup, wrong topic and was
    supposed to be an email.

    Still, I'm only a PcLinuxOS user so what can you expect

    Slainte
    Tony

  4. Re: Balvenie founders reserve

    Tony Ferris trolled:

    [deletia]

    > Lol... Um... What can I say Wrong newsgroup, wrong topic
    > and was supposed to be an email.

    > Still, I'm only a PcLinuxOS user so what can you expect

    We can expect that you will remove alt.os.linux.slacware from your
    newsgroup list.

    Thanks.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  5. Re: Balvenie founders reserve

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 00:26:21 +0000, rm wrote:

    > Tony Ferris trolled:
    >
    > [deletia]
    >
    >> Lol... Um... What can I say Wrong newsgroup, wrong topic and
    >> was supposed to be an email.

    >> Still, I'm only a PcLinuxOS user so what can you expect

    > We can expect that you will remove alt.os.linux.slacware from your
    > newsgroup list.

    Yep, its too difficult for me and I never could get the secret handshake
    right.

    > Thanks.

    You're welcome.

    > cordially, as always,

    What a nice guy ;-) There should be more of your sort on the net.

    Cheers,
    Tony

  6. Re: Balvenie founders reserve

    Tony Ferris wrote:

    > Still, I'm only a PcLinuxOS user so what can you expect

    Try uk.comp.os.linux, I'm sure your find much there to interest you.
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  7. Re: Balvenie founders reserve

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 06:19:50 +0100, Two Ravens wrote:

    > Tony Ferris wrote:
    >
    >> Still, I'm only a PcLinuxOS user so what can you expect

    > Try uk.comp.os.linux, I'm sure your find much there to interest you.

    Thanks, and there is always alt.os.linux.pclinuxos and alt.drinks.scotch-
    whisky after last nights debacle ;-) I think I'll use separate email/
    newsgroup programs from now on. Its too easy in Thunderbird to forget
    you're still on newsgroups...

    Actually, I have installed slackware 11 on an older computer here. I was
    very pleased with it but I had some problems with the CDRom drive playing
    up which meant some components hadn't been installed properly. I wiped
    the drive and started again with the derivative, Zenwalk. Excellent for
    an old PII...

    Btw, I meant no disrespect to PcLinuxOS in my earlier remark. It was
    thinly veiled sarcasm at the usual notion of Slackware users being
    hardcore. I apologise for that.

    Cheers,
    Tony

  8. Re: Balvenie founders reserve

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:56:53 +0000, Tony Ferris wrote:

    > Btw, I meant no disrespect to PcLinuxOS in my earlier remark. It was
    > thinly veiled sarcasm at the usual notion of Slackware users being
    > hardcore. I apologise for that.

    But Slackware users _are_ hardcore :-)

  9. Re: Balvenie founders reserve

    Tony Ferris wrote:

    > Btw, I meant no disrespect to PcLinuxOS in my earlier remark. It was
    > thinly veiled sarcasm at the usual notion of Slackware users being
    > hardcore. I apologise for that.

    Slackware users are usually quite ordinary, its just that they tend to
    appreciate what they use and in some cases might get just a tiny bit over
    protective/defensive.
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."