Slackware 12.0 - Slackware

This is a discussion on Slackware 12.0 - Slackware ; I've been reading about this and boy am I juiced! I read that some are installing rc2 and reporting great results. To whom do I owe the most thanks for this, obviously, superior release? HAVE to get the T-shirt! Another ...

  1. Slackware 12.0

    I've been reading about this and boy am I juiced! I read that some are
    installing rc2 and reporting great results. To whom do I owe the most thanks
    for this, obviously, superior release?

    HAVE to get the T-shirt!

    Another thing........after my absence from Linux for a few years, I've come
    to really appreciate the Slack community, both here and on dot org. Simply
    the best group of geeks I've ever seen/read/whatever!

    Is this an accident, or some quirk of nature?

    TM

  2. Re: Slackware 12.0

    Travis McGee wrote:
    > I've been reading about this and boy am I juiced! I read that some are
    > installing rc2 and reporting great results. To whom do I owe the most thanks
    > for this, obviously, superior release?

    Well, Slackware is pretty much a one-man show...

    > HAVE to get the T-shirt!
    >
    > Another thing........after my absence from Linux for a few years, I've come
    > to really appreciate the Slack community, both here and on dot org. Simply
    > the best group of geeks I've ever seen/read/whatever!
    >
    > Is this an accident, or some quirk of nature?

    I dunno, you use a distro for 13 or 14 years, you learn some ****...

  3. Re: Slackware 12.0

  4. Re: Slackware 12.0

    A Guy Called LittleJohnson trolled:

    pgp trash troll delete

    > Chris Sorenson wrote:

    >> I dunno, you use a distro for 13 or 14 years, you learn some ****...

    No wonder the "modquote" selections are so pitiful. What on earth
    makes this statement worth reading in the first place, let alone
    repeating?

    And what is all this crap below?

    > - --
    > Brad Littlejohn | Email: tyketto@sbcglobal.net
    > Unix Systems Administrator, | tyketto@ozemail.com.au
    > Web + NewsMaster, BOFH.. Smeghead! | http://www.wizard.com/~tyketto
    > PGP: 1024D/E319F0BF 6980 AAD6 7329 E9E6 D569 F620 C819 199A E319 F0BF

  5. Re: Slackware 12.0

    Roland Morrison wrote:

    > A Guy Called LittleJohnson trolled:

    - - - - - - - < snip > - - - - - - - -

    Out of curiosity, just how many people live in that gray matter of yours? If
    you could give me a number, maybe then you may not be as ill as you are
    perceived to be.

    I wonder what the recorded record is for number of personalities within one
    physical body is.

    --
    humjohn AT aerosurf DOT net

  6. Re: Slackware 12.0

  7. Re: Slackware 12.0

    On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:26:31 -0700, HJohnson wrote:

    > Roland Morrison wrote:
    >
    >> A Guy Called LittleJohnson trolled:
    >>

    > - - - - - - - < snip > - - - - - - - -
    >
    > Out of curiosity, just how many people live in that gray matter of
    > yours? If you could give me a number, maybe then you may not be as ill
    > as you are perceived to be.

    That's an interesting theory but I have the feeling that it's based
    on an easy sophism, that's fair enough for RM as he's spoiling them
    more than oft.

    > I wonder what the recorded record is for number of personalities within
    > one physical body is.

    I don't know for an official one and I stopped counting mine when
    the number was higher than the number of meds multiplied by the
    number of medicine men buggering me with proposals for a publication.

    Sorry :-)

  8. Re: Slackware 12.0

    HJohnson wrote:
    > Roland Morrison wrote:
    >> A Guy Called LittleJohnson trolled:

    HJohnson? Would that be as in "A Guy Called HugeJohnson?"

    Why don't you and littledick go and get hooked up somewhere.
    Somewhere that we can't see or otherwise know about...maybe between
    the two of you, you can qualify as one person and you won't have to
    worry about us anymore.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  9. Re: Slackware 12.0

    A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

    pgp trash troll delete

    > Roland Morrison wrote:
    >> A Guy Called LittleJohnson trolled:

    > If you had been around here for 13 or 14 years, you'd learn
    > some **** about here as well.

    We were using slackware long before you could even type.

    And what is all this crap below for, anyway? Do you think anyone
    wants to read this ****? Do you think anyone cares about your pgp
    nonsense?
    BL.
    > - --
    > Brad Littlejohn | Email: tyketto@sbcglobal.net
    > Unix Systems Administrator, | tyketto@ozemail.com.au
    > Web + NewsMaster, BOFH.. Smeghead! | http://www.wizard.com/~tyketto
    > PGP: 1024D/E319F0BF 6980 AAD6 7329 E9E6 D569 F620 C819 199A E319 F0BF

  10. Re: Slackware 12.0

    rm@realto.justlinux.ca wrote:

    > HJohnson wrote:
    >> Roland Morrison wrote:
    >>> A Guy Called LittleJohnson trolled:

    > HJohnson? Would that be as in "A Guy Called HugeJohnson?"

    Nope. Different guy on a different part of this planet.

    > Why don't you and littledick go and get hooked up somewhere.
    > Somewhere that we can't see or otherwise know about...maybe between
    > the two of you, you can qualify as one person and you won't have to
    > worry about us anymore.

    Is that the best that you can come up with? Are you that shallow, also?

    > cordially, as always,

    Really!?!

    --
    humjohn AT aerosurf DOT net

  11. Re: Slackware 12.0

    HJohnson wrote:
    > rm@realto.justlinux.ca wrote:
    >> HJohnson wrote:

    >> Why don't you and littledick go and get hooked up somewhere.
    >> Somewhere that we can't see or otherwise know about...maybe
    >> between the two of you, you can qualify as one person and you
    >> won't have to worry about us anymore.

    > Is that the best that you can come up with? Are you that
    > shallow, also?

    Best we can do for the likes of you. Give us a challenge.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  12. Re: Slackware 12.0

  13. Re: Slackware 12.0

    A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

    pgp trash troll delete

    > To him, being cordial is like rubbing dog poo on your foreheat
    > to try to cure some kind of inverted testes Amazonian bag rot disease.

    And does it work?

    What's all this crap below all about?

    > BL.
    > - --
    > Brad Littlejohn | Email: tyketto@sbcglobal.net
    > Unix Systems Administrator, | tyketto@ozemail.com.au
    > Web + NewsMaster, BOFH.. Smeghead! | http://www.wizard.com/~tyketto
    > PGP: 1024D/E319F0BF 6980 AAD6 7329 E9E6 D569 F620 C819 199A E319 F0BF

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  14. Re: Slackware 12.0

    Roland Morrison wrote:

    > HJohnson wrote:
    >> rm@realto.justlinux.ca wrote:
    >>> HJohnson wrote:

    >>> Why don't you and littledick go and get hooked up somewhere.
    >>> Somewhere that we can't see or otherwise know about...maybe
    >>> between the two of you, you can qualify as one person and you
    >>> won't have to worry about us anymore.

    >> Is that the best that you can come up with? Are you that
    >> shallow, also?

    > Best we can do for the likes of you. Give us a challenge.

    Ah! So you are saying that you are definitely shallow of mind.

    > cordially, as always,

    Hrmph!

    --
    humjohn AT aerosurf DOT net