Sylvain! Please help! - Slackware

This is a discussion on Sylvain! Please help! - Slackware ; We have a comic book collection of 31 titles. We were thinking of feeding the titles into a database so that we can count them and see how many titles we have. Which database would you recommend? We were thinking ...

  1. Sylvain! Please help!

    We have a comic book collection of 31 titles. We were thinking of
    feeding the titles into a database so that we can count them and
    see how many titles we have.

    Which database would you recommend?

    We were thinking of going with PostgreSQL. It seems to have
    excellent hooks to a variety of languages, althought the docs say
    nothing about assembler. Assembler is our favourite language. We
    can't actually write assembler, but the printouts look great!

    And what about MySQL? And Sybase?

    And please, nobody but Sylvain answer these questions. We don't
    want to be confused by someone who knows what he is talking about.

    cordially, as always,

    Mike

  2. Re: Sylvain! Please help!

  3. Re: Sylvain! Please help!

    Mike wrote:

    > We have a comic book collection of 31 titles. We were thinking of
    > feeding the titles into a database so that we can count them and
    > see how many titles we have.

    How about a sheet of paper with 31 lines? Something is missing.

    --

    cbfalconer at maineline dot net

  4. Re: Sylvain! Please help!

    CBFalconer trolled:
    > Mike wrote:

    >> We have a comic book collection of 31 titles. We were thinking of
    >> feeding the titles into a database so that we can count them and
    >> see how many titles we have.

    > How about a sheet of paper with 31 lines? Something is missing.

    Should that paper have columns, too? If so, how many?

    What do you think, Sylvain?

    cordially, as always,

    mike

+ Reply to Thread