aplication for gtalk voice chat? - Slackware

This is a discussion on aplication for gtalk voice chat? - Slackware ; hmm, so this gtalk has a relativly nice voice chat (so i hear from my windows using friends ) is there a compatible voice chat app? slackware friendly perhaps (ie not much gnome deps)?...

  1. aplication for gtalk voice chat?

    hmm, so this gtalk has a relativly nice voice chat (so i hear from my
    windows using friends ) is there a compatible voice chat app? slackware
    friendly perhaps (ie not much gnome deps)?

  2. Re: aplication for gtalk voice chat?

    Mad-Eye Moody wrote:
    > hmm, so this gtalk has a relativly nice voice chat (so i hear from my
    > windows using friends ) is there a compatible voice chat app?

    I hadn't heard of gtalk before, but a quick search on google:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=gtalk%20linux

    .... reveals that gtalk is a program from google. The same search also
    points to the clients for linux at the following page:

    http://www.google.com/talk/otherclients.html

    regards Henrik
    root@localhost postmaster@localhost

  3. Re: aplication for gtalk voice chat?

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 23:27:24 +0200, Henrik Carlqvist wrote:

    >> hmm, so this gtalk has a relativly nice voice chat (so i hear from my
    >> windows using friends ) is there a compatible voice chat app?

    > I hadn't heard of gtalk before, but a quick search on google:
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=gtalk%20linux
    > ... reveals that gtalk is a program from google. The same search also
    > points to the clients for linux at the following page:
    > http://www.google.com/talk/otherclients.html

    no. bad answer, this was not a "what is google anyway?" question.
    i need gtalk _voip_, not text chat (regular jabber supported by gaim)
    that table is wrong. gtalk is supported on linux by gizmo, but not on
    slackware 11.
    google is not so fast on revealing competition, but so far there is at
    least couple apps. i will post back when i actually make one work on slack.

  4. Re: aplication for gtalk voice chat?

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:59:44 +0000, Mad-Eye Moody wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 23:27:24 +0200, Henrik Carlqvist wrote:
    >

    >>> hmm, so this gtalk has a relativly nice voice chat (so i hear from my
    >>> windows using friends ) is there a compatible voice chat app?

    >> I hadn't heard of gtalk before, but a quick search on google:
    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=gtalk%20linux ... reveals that gtalk is
    >> a program from google. The same search also points to the clients for
    >> linux at the following page:
    >> http://www.google.com/talk/otherclients.html

    > no. bad answer, this was not a "what is google anyway?" question. i need
    > gtalk _voip_, not text chat (regular jabber supported by gaim) that
    > table is wrong. gtalk is supported on linux by gizmo, but not on
    > slackware 11.

    why is that? i just downloaded Gizmo Binary Tarball and installed it. it
    works, but i don't see a way to add gtalk contacts, only icq and msn.

    --
    i.

+ Reply to Thread