H - Slackware

This is a discussion on H - Slackware ; Hello to you all, What is the correct config file to recreate the vmlinuz used with huge26.s. Did try several config files but always get a much bigger vmlinuz file (up to 8MB). I did use slackware current to install ...

  1. H

    Hello to you all,

    What is the correct config file to recreate the vmlinuz used with
    huge26.s. Did try several config files but always get a much bigger
    vmlinuz file (up to 8MB).
    I did use slackware current to install the 2.6 kernel. This version is
    almost comlete for me, but I miss some things and want to recompile
    the kernel to include those. No luck so far.

    tia,
    Charles Collette

  2. Re: H

    Charles Collette wrote:
    > What is the correct config file to recreate the vmlinuz used with
    > huge26.s. Did try several config files but always get a much bigger
    > vmlinuz file (up to 8MB).
    > I did use slackware current to install the 2.6 kernel. This version is
    > almost comlete for me, but I miss some things and want to recompile
    > the kernel to include those. No luck so far.

    you can get the .config file for the running kernel by doing:

    zcat /proc/config.gz > .config

    (if the running kernel was compiled with that feature, but AFAIK the
    standard slackware kernels are.)

    boot the relevant kernel, type this command and use the .config as the
    basis for configuring your own kernel.

    --
    Joost Kremers joostkremers@yahoo.com
    EN:SiS(9)

  3. Re: H

    On 18 Jun 2007 22:24:55 GMT, Joost Kremers
    wrote:

    >Charles Collette wrote:
    >> What is the correct config file to recreate the vmlinuz used with
    >> huge26.s. Did try several config files but always get a much bigger
    >> vmlinuz file (up to 8MB).
    >> I did use slackware current to install the 2.6 kernel. This version is
    >> almost comlete for me, but I miss some things and want to recompile
    >> the kernel to include those. No luck so far.

    >you can get the .config file for the running kernel by doing:
    >
    >zcat /proc/config.gz > .config
    >
    >(if the running kernel was compiled with that feature, but AFAIK the
    >standard slackware kernels are.)
    >
    >boot the relevant kernel, type this command and use the .config as the
    >basis for configuring your own kernel.

    Thank you very much. Didn't know this, and it saves a hell of a lot of
    time to get the right config file any other way. Sorry for the late
    reaction.

+ Reply to Thread