Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much... - Slackware

This is a discussion on Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much... - Slackware ; ~kurt wrote: >Guy Macon wrote: > >Hence the reason one should refrain from using their real >name on Usenet and advertising what they do - lots of >chemically imbalanced people out there who have nothing >better to do than obsess ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...

  1. Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...




    ~kurt wrote:

    >Guy Macon wrote:
    >
    >Hence the reason one should refrain from using their real
    >name on Usenet and advertising what they do - lots of
    >chemically imbalanced people out there who have nothing
    >better to do than obsess over others who they decide they
    >don't like....


    I ran across a quote in a newsgroup about this:

    "Usenet being what it is, if you participate in newsgroups
    at all over a period if time you have the possibility of
    attracting your own personal lunatic, who considers any
    disagreement a personal affront, and considers it their
    duty and obligation to "expose" the person they fixate on.
    It's kind of pathetic, but they can't quite seem to figure
    out why no one else sees their actions as heroic."
    -Richard Ward

    On the other hand. it works the both ways. I have gotten
    a couple of nice contracting jobs partly because I helped
    someone with a technical problem in one of the engineering
    or computer groups. It also helps that I am an engineer;
    most people I might work for are well aware of the existence
    of net kooks. It might even be seen as a plus when someone
    is out there foaming at the mouth and I am seen calmly
    ignoring the person. (Which is pretty easy to do once you
    set up a killfile that blocks all posts by the net-kook a
    nd all replies to him). Author Neil Stephenson tells a tale
    of becoming focused on a few flamers and forgetting about
    the millions who love his work. in the end he concluded:

    "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's
    game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be
    indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds
    possessing infinite amounts of free time."
    -Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

    Guy Macon



  2. Re: Guy Macon misrepresents his professional credentials.

    Guy Macon wrote:

    > "Usenet being what it is, if you participate in newsgroups at all
    > over a period if time you have the possibility of attracting your
    > own personal lunatic, who considers any disagreement a personal
    > affront, and considers it their duty and obligation to "expose"
    > the person they fixate on. It's kind of pathetic, but they can't
    > quite seem to figure out why no one else sees their actions as
    > heroic." -Richard Ward


    Who is Richard Ward? Is he the convenor of your weekly therapy
    group?

    > On the other hand. it works the both ways. I have gotten
    > a couple of nice contracting jobs partly because I helped
    > someone with a technical problem in one of the engineering
    > or computer groups.


    Not likely. You don't give anyone any help here so why would we
    believe you help those in other newsgroups? Your major concern in
    this ng seems to be "exposing trolls."

    > It also helps that I am an engineer;


    Ah, but you're not an engineer, except in your own fantasies. You
    are not an engineer in any meaningful way. You have to have more
    than grade 9 math to be an engineer.

    You are simply a technician, with no technical training, other than
    what you have picked up on the job.

    > most people I might work for are well aware of the existence of
    > net kooks. It might even be seen as a plus when someone is out
    > there foaming at the mouth and I am seen calmly ignoring the
    > person. (Which is pretty easy to do once you set up a killfile
    > that blocks all posts by the net-kook a nd all replies to him).


    And even though your sophisticated filters have protected you from
    our posts, you have to come out and deny what we say anyway, right
    doofus?

    People who are looking for a _real_ Electrical Engineer will give
    immediate pause when they see your picture on your website
    www.guymacon.com. You look like a candidate for the special
    Olympics.

    But if they are desperate enough, they will continue to read down to
    the part where you describe yourself as a "self-taught" Electrical
    Engineer, and then they will know, as we all do, who the "net-kook"
    is.

    You are an untrained technician, idiot. Have soldering gun, will
    travel. And you seem to keep travelling because apparently you
    can't hold a job.

    How long has it been? Perhaps you can get a "job" down at the local
    laundrymat washing and folding clothes for tips. Do you think you
    can handle that?

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  3. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 03:16:07 +0000, Guy Macon wrote:

    You know, your best bet is to just give up this guff about calling
    yourself an engineer, you're not. Electrical engineers need at least
    a university degree and then they usually join the relevant institute.
    For example, while I'm not an electrical engineer I am a physicist and
    I would join the the Physicists Institute. From what you have written
    on your web page you appear to be a handy-man who specialises in
    electrical work. That's fine as far as it goes. Oh and please quit with
    the pathetic subject line. I only looked in here yesterday and today to
    see if there was anything interesting slackware wise, not throw up (barf).

    rgds
    anon


    >
    >
    >
    > ~kurt wrote:
    >
    >>Guy Macon wrote:
    >>
    >>Hence the reason one should refrain from using their real name on Usenet
    >>and advertising what they do - lots of chemically imbalanced people out
    >>there who have nothing better to do than obsess over others who they
    >>decide they don't like....

    >
    > I ran across a quote in a newsgroup about this:
    >
    > "Usenet being what it is, if you participate in newsgroups at all over a
    > period if time you have the possibility of attracting your own personal
    > lunatic, who considers any disagreement a personal affront, and considers
    > it their duty and obligation to "expose" the person they fixate on. It's
    > kind of pathetic, but they can't quite seem to figure out why no one else
    > sees their actions as heroic."
    > -Richard Ward
    >
    > On the other hand. it works the both ways. I have gotten a couple of nice
    > contracting jobs partly because I helped someone with a technical problem
    > in one of the engineering or computer groups. It also helps that I am an
    > engineer; most people I might work for are well aware of the existence of
    > net kooks. It might even be seen as a plus when someone is out there
    > foaming at the mouth and I am seen calmly ignoring the person. (Which is
    > pretty easy to do once you set up a killfile that blocks all posts by the
    > net-kook a nd all replies to him). Author Neil Stephenson tells a tale of
    > becoming focused on a few flamers and forgetting about the millions who
    > love his work. in the end he concluded:
    >
    > "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game
    > because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable
    > from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of
    > free time."
    > -Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_
    >
    > Guy Macon
    >



  4. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:47:28 +0100, anon wrote:

    > the pathetic subject line. I only looked in here yesterday and today to
    > see if there was anything interesting slackware wise, not throw up (barf).


    A friggin top-poster, probably using Windoze. Why did you reply, if the
    thread isn't slackware-related? Do you even know what slackware is? Have
    you ever used it?

    You're no more a physicist than "rm" is an astronomer. Bugger off, n00b.

    --
    "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".


  5. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:03:51 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:47:28 +0100, anon wrote:
    >
    >> the pathetic subject line. I only looked in here yesterday and today to
    >> see if there was anything interesting slackware wise, not throw up
    >> (barf).

    >
    > A friggin top-poster, probably using Windoze. Why did you reply, if the
    > thread isn't slackware-related? Do you even know what slackware is? Have
    > you ever used it?
    >
    > You're no more a physicist than "rm" is an astronomer. Bugger off, n00b.


    You don't change do you, you're still the obnoxious twat all these years.

    You formerly frequented the mandrake ng where you were just as big a twat
    also.

    As for what you have posted above about me and what computer system I use
    etc, you'll never know, FOC.





  6. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:15:07 +0100, anon wrote:

    >> A friggin top-poster, probably using Windoze. Why did you reply, if the
    >> thread isn't slackware-related? Do you even know what slackware is? Have
    >> you ever used it?
    >>
    >> You're no more a physicist than "rm" is an astronomer. Bugger off, n00b.


    > You don't change do you, you're still the obnoxious twat all these years.


    Twat? No, certainly not a twat.

    > You formerly frequented the mandrake ng where you were just as big a twat
    > also.


    Nor was I ever a twat.

    > As for what you have posted above about me and what computer system I use
    > etc, you'll never know, FOC.


    FOC? Not familiar with that one. "Failed Organic Chemistry" ? Is that
    why you became a "physicist"?

    I guess the standards are much lower over there in Deucheland.


    --
    "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".


  7. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks.




    anon wrote:

    (snip)

    "anon", please don't top-post.

    Assuming that you are educable, here are some references
    explaining why: Please don't reply with arguments that
    are refuted on the following webpages.

    "When thou enter a city, abide by its customs." -The Talmud

    Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings
    http://www.xs4all.nl/%7ewijnands/nnq/nquote.html

    How do I quote correctly in usenet?
    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html

    Common Mistakes in Usenet Postings and How to Avoid Them
    http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/ant...s.html#quoting

    Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html

    Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    +What do you mean "my reply is upside-down"?
    http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk/quote.html

    Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes with this automated fix!
    http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

    From (spit!) microsoft:

    "When including text from a previous message in the thread,
    trim it down to include only text pertinent to your response.
    Your response should appear below the quoted information."


  8. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks.

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:16:01 +0000, Guy Macon wrote:

    >
    >
    >
    > anon wrote:
    >
    > (snip)
    >
    > "anon", please don't top-post.
    >
    > Assuming that you are educable, here are some references explaining why:
    > Please don't reply with arguments that are refuted on the following
    > webpages.


    Web pages do not dictate the law or reality. I tend to take the most
    efficient course and posting in between citing you and your time stamp and
    the drivel which followed seemed to me to be the easiest way of getting my
    pov over. Ok? If not then that's too bad.



  9. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and babyducks. Trolls not so much...

    anon wrote:
    >
    > You know, your best bet is to just give up this guff about calling
    > yourself an engineer, you're not. Electrical engineers need at
    > least a university degree and then they usually join the relevant
    > institute. For example, while I'm not an electrical engineer I am
    > a physicist and I would join the the Physicists Institute. From
    > what you have written on your web page you appear to be a
    > handy-man who specialises in electrical work. That's fine as far
    > as it goes. Oh and please quit with the pathetic subject line. I
    > only looked in here yesterday and today to see if there was
    > anything interesting slackware wise, not throw up (barf).


    I haven't bothered to fix this one, because it appears worthless.

    Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed
    with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all
    irrelevant material. See the following links:

    --



    (taming google)
    (newusers)



    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


  10. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks.




    anon wrote:
    >
    >Guy Macon wrote:
    >
    >> anon wrote:
    >>
    >> "anon", please don't top-post.
    >>
    >> Assuming that you are educable, here are some references
    >> explaining why: Please don't reply with arguments that
    >> are refuted on the following webpages.

    >
    >Web pages do not dictate the law or reality.


    You are entirely correct. They may, however, contain arguments
    or attempts to refute other arguments. Such arguments stand or
    fall on their own merits. The implication that I claimed that
    the web pages about top posting "dictate the law" dictate
    reality" is an example of the straw man fallacy.

    >I tend to take the most efficient course and posting in between
    >citing you and your time stamp and the drivel which followed
    >seemed to me to be the easiest way of getting my pov over. Ok?


    The above argument is rather soundly refuted on several of the
    webpages I referenced. You citing it without any reasoning as
    to why you find those refutations to be invalid simply shows
    that you did not read the pages referenced. That is your right,
    of course, but anyone who did read them will see that your
    argument is weak.

    >If not then that's too bad.


    Actually, it's very much to the good. Asking top-posters to follow
    social norms is an excellent predictor of their future behavior.
    Those that are agree and change their ways usually turn out to
    be the kind of posters who write high-quality posts. Those who do
    not agree and post valid counterarguments to the arguments that are
    on the webpages also usually turn out to be the kind of posters who
    write high-quality posts, and who tend to have a high level of
    technical knowledge. Those who refuse to address the arguments
    and who post passive-aggressive responses such as "If not then that's
    too bad" and "" tend to be the kind of posters who turn
    out to be annoying and boring at the same time -- you being a case
    in point. Thus we see that simply asking someone to not top-post
    gives us valuable information that we can use to set our killfiles.


    --
    Guy Macon



  11. Re: Guy Macon is not an Electrical Engineer

    Guy Macon wrote:

    We fixed your subject line again.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  12. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:47:13 -0400, CBFalconer wrote:

    If I wish to say what I want before your guff is read then that is
    my perogative. It is my message after all. Of course I would not
    top-post if it endangered the logic or flow of any argument. I only
    ever top-post when it is appropriate. Perhaps it is a point too fine
    for you to see.


    > anon wrote:
    >>
    >> You know, your best bet is to just give up this guff about calling
    >> yourself an engineer, you're not. Electrical engineers need at least a
    >> university degree and then they usually join the relevant institute. For
    >> example, while I'm not an electrical engineer I am a physicist and I
    >> would join the the Physicists Institute. From what you have written on
    >> your web page you appear to be a handy-man who specialises in electrical
    >> work. That's fine as far as it goes. Oh and please quit with the
    >> pathetic subject line. I only looked in here yesterday and today to see
    >> if there was anything interesting slackware wise, not throw up (barf).

    >
    > I haven't bothered to fix this one, because it appears worthless.
    >
    > Please do not top-post.
    > Your answer belongs after (or intermixed with)
    > the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all irrelevant
    > material. See the following links:
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    > (taming google)
    > (newusers)



  13. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks.

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 02:32:04 +0000, Guy Macon wrote:

    >
    >
    >
    > anon wrote:
    >>
    >>Guy Macon wrote:
    >>
    >>> anon wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "anon", please don't top-post.
    >>>
    >>> Assuming that you are educable, here are some references explaining
    >>> why: Please don't reply with arguments that are refuted on the
    >>> following webpages.

    >>
    >>Web pages do not dictate the law or reality.

    >
    > You are entirely correct. They may, however, contain arguments or
    > attempts to refute other arguments. Such arguments stand or fall on their
    > own merits. The implication that I claimed that the web pages about top
    > posting "dictate the law" dictate reality" is an example of the straw man
    > fallacy.


    I'll post as I see fit. Arguments on web pages are just that.

    >>I tend to take the most efficient course and posting in between citing
    >>you and your time stamp and the drivel which followed seemed to me to be
    >>the easiest way of getting my pov over. Ok?

    >
    > The above argument is rather soundly refuted on several of the webpages I
    > referenced.


    Are there? I don't have time for everything on the web. I think I can use
    my own judgement about something as simple as writing a response to your
    message. I don't need help with that from you or anyone else.

    > You citing it without any reasoning as to why you find those
    > refutations to be invalid


    Did I say they were invalid? You must not put words into my mouth.


    > simply shows that you did not read the pages


    And I shan't be reading them any time soon.

    Look, I have read the various netiquette faqs/docs but as I said already,
    they are not the law. There are situations I believe where top-posting is
    perfectly ok.

    > referenced. That is your right, of course, but anyone who did read them
    > will see that your argument is weak.


    That is is your opinion.
    I have not tried to argue anything with you and I will not do so. I can
    see from the outset that arguing with you is a dead loss. I am only
    putting over my pov - I'm not debating or negotiating anything. You are
    by your own admission an unqualified ignoramus. I'mm not going to argue
    the toss about anything with you. I merely stepped in with some helpful
    advice for you as others have done. All you have done is to bite the
    helping hand.

    >>If not then that's too bad.


    See what I mean? I'm not debating or arguing with you in my messages.
    Don't answer that here, I will not respond over it.

    > Actually, it's very much to the good. Asking top-posters to follow
    > social norms is an excellent predictor of their future behavior.
    > Those
    > that are agree and change their ways usually turn out to be the kind of
    > posters who write high-quality posts. Those who do not agree and post
    > valid counterarguments to the arguments that are on the webpages also
    > usually turn out to be the kind of posters who write high-quality posts,
    > and who tend to have a high level of technical knowledge. Those who
    > refuse to address the arguments and who post passive-aggressive
    > responses such as "If not then that's too bad" and "" tend to
    > be the kind of posters who turn out to be annoying and boring at the
    > same time -- you being a case in point. Thus we see that simply asking
    > someone to not top-post gives us valuable information that we can use to
    > set our killfiles.


    You seem to be more interested in web pages than qualifications but I can
    tell you that a qualification from your local college will do you more
    good than reading all the pages on the web.


  14. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks.

    2007-06-13, Responding to Guy Macon...

    [...]
    >>If not then that's too bad.

    >
    > Actually, it's very much to the good. Asking top-posters to follow
    > social norms is an excellent predictor of their future behavior.
    > Those that are agree and change their ways usually turn out to
    > be the kind of posters who write high-quality posts. Those who do
    > not agree and post valid counterarguments to the arguments that are
    > on the webpages also usually turn out to be the kind of posters who
    > write high-quality posts, and who tend to have a high level of
    > technical knowledge. Those who refuse to address the arguments
    > and who post passive-aggressive responses such as "If not then that's
    > too bad" and "" tend to be the kind of posters who turn
    > out to be annoying and boring at the same time -- you being a case
    > in point. Thus we see that simply asking someone to not top-post
    > gives us valuable information that we can use to set our killfiles.
    >
    >


    Excellent advice Guy. Lets do it and be rid of this one.


    --
    Yellow Submarine?
    Nah. Its a TeaPot!
    www.tinyurl.com/382gmp

  15. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...




    anon wrote:

    {Concerning top posting)

    >If I wish to say what I want before your guff is read then that is
    >my perogative. It is my message after all. Of course I would not
    >top-post if it endangered the logic or flow of any argument. I only
    >ever top-post when it is appropriate. Perhaps it is a point too fine
    >for you to see.


    The fact that I had to insert the line "{Concerning top posting)"
    above what you wrote in order for the reader to be able to figure
    out what you are talking about is direct evidence that you do, in
    fact, top-post when doing so endangers the logic and flow of your
    argument. Not that there is any actual "logic" in a series of posts
    that consist of nothing but ad hominens and pontification about your
    supposed rights and perogatives. My time is too valuable to allow
    you to waste any more of it with posts that contain zero useful
    content about Slackware, and thus I am now killfiling you. Your
    decision to top-post will result in those here who are the most
    knowledgable killfiling you as well, so if you ever need help with
    your slackware system, that will be ... what was that phrase you
    used? Ah, I remenber. That will be "Too Bad." Don't bother replying.
    I won't see it, and those who reply to someone who has killfiled them
    are generally considered to be pathetic and annoying. IHTH. HAND.

    *PLONK*

    --

    "The most hostile group was the one with high but unstable self
    esteem. These people think well of themselves in general, but their
    self-esteem fluctuates. They are especially prone to react
    defensively to ego threats, and they are also more prone to hostility,
    anger and aggression than other people.

    "These findings shed considerable light on the psychology of the
    bully. Hostile people do not have low self esteem; on the contrary,
    they think highly of themselves, But their favorable view of
    themselves is not held with total conviction, and it goes up and down
    in response to daily events. The bully has a chip on his shoulder
    because he thinks you might want to deflate his favorable self image."

    Roy F. Baumeister
    Evil: Inside Human Violence and Cruelty
    p 149



  16. Guy tried to hook my IP with <<Followup To: Poster>> field in message headers Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:55:46 +0000, Guy Macon wrote:

    >
    >
    >
    > anon wrote:
    >
    > {Concerning top posting)
    >
    >>If I wish to say what I want before your guff is read then that is my
    >>perogative. It is my message after all. Of course I would not top-post if
    >>it endangered the logic or flow of any argument. I only ever top-post
    >>when it is appropriate. Perhaps it is a point too fine for you to see.

    >
    > The fact that I had to insert the line "{Concerning top posting)"


    How odd you are. There was no need for my message to be
    specially titled. My message was self explanatory,
    short and to the point. No title required and I think you will find,
    when you become more experienced with usenet Guy, that that is what
    the subject field is for though you may become a little confused when
    some people change the subject field to either signify a change in
    discussion or to force the thread elsewhere. But that's advanced usenet
    in your case and you can leave that for consideration on another day.

    > above
    > what you wrote in order for the reader to be able to figure out what you
    > are talking about is direct evidence that you do, in fact, top-post when
    > doing so endangers the logic and flow of your argument.


    I only top-post when there is no danger of confusion.

    You must be confused easily Guy.

    > Not that there is
    > any actual "logic" in a series of posts that consist of nothing but ad
    > hominens


    Ad hominems? You must be joking of course. You are a self confessed
    ignoramus, that's not an ad hominem attack - you claim yourself to be
    unqualified. I merely restated what you have said and advised that you
    go get qualified. Why don't YOU read the usenet faqs properly and
    understand that ad hominems are "attacks" against the person which are
    unrelated to the discussion. We are discussing YOU and your claim to
    being an engineer and you self confessed statement that you are ignorant
    ie unqualified. And I have not attacked you. I have offered you advice.

    > and pontification about your supposed rights and perogatives.


    Well, you know, I often find that the ignorant take it that way.
    The more highly educated you are the more it is taken as pontification.
    Not my problem - you lose if my advice goes unheeded.

    > My
    > time is too valuable to allow you to waste any more of it with posts that
    > contain zero useful content about Slackware,


    Yours have hardly been usefull Guy. At least I offered you some practical
    advice.

    > and thus I am now killfiling
    > you.


    A foolish decision but not unexpected.

    > Your decision to top-post will result in those here who are the most
    > knowledgable killfiling you as well,


    That's right speak for everyone why don't you.

    > so if you ever need help with your
    > slackware system,


    Not very likely.

    > that will be ... what was that phrase you used? Ah, I
    > remenber. That will be "Too Bad."


    I don't care if you kill-file me.

    > Don't bother replying. I won't see it,
    > and those who reply to someone who has killfiled them are generally
    > considered to be pathetic and annoying. IHTH. HAND.


    So someone may be pathetic and an anoyance simply for responding even
    helpfully to someone who has been kill-filed?

    You operate according to some pretty strange rules Guy. No wonder you are
    having so much difficulty here.

    >
    > *PLONK*


    Suit yourself.

    Oh yeah and your pathetic attempt at trying to hook my IP has failed
    You specifically inserted the following in your message headers:

    <>

    That was an attempt to make my news reader email you directly.
    I run a heavily modified version of PAN. No email was sent.











  17. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:55:46 +0000, Guy Macon wrote:

    > Approved: YANC
    > Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:55:46 +0000
    > Followup-to: poster
    > From: Guy Macon
    > Lines: 51
    > Message-ID: <7cCdnRqsWIQvQPLb4p2dnAA@giganews.com>
    > NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:06:09 -0500
    > Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.slackware,alt.dev.null
    > Organization:
    > Path: news.datemas.de!newsfeed.datemas.de!news.albasani. net!newsfeed.freenet.de!newsfeed0.kamp.net!newsfee d.kamp.net!news.glorb.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganew s.com!nntp.giganews.com!local01.nntp.dca.giganews. com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
    > References: <466F3E91.9627EFAB@yahoo.com>
    > Subject: Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...
    > X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
    > X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
    > X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
    > X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
    > X-No-Archive: yes
    > X-Postfilter: 1.3.34
    > X-Trace: sv3-y2PSxGwBHSY7jwy/6YIwtffTO7q3NSuRHtAk6XImRzj/6QLan/ver6V+pScc5SbaO1RSLnlzNZzKfQW!ZTiMjQU0KDYBa8iqwN6H 283JxFWVK9yb8a5sT88rjwIoVb6Rj4FpQ4/gEdy6DF8=
    > Xref: news.datemas.de alt.os.linux.slackware:27530 alt.dev.null:222
    > MIME-Version: 1.0
    > Content-Type: text/plain
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > anon wrote:
    >
    > {Concerning top posting)
    >
    >>If I wish to say what I want before your guff is read then that is my
    >>perogative. It is my message after all. Of course I would not top-post if
    >>it endangered the logic or flow of any argument. I only ever top-post
    >>when it is appropriate. Perhaps it is a point too fine for you to see.

    >
    > The fact that I had to insert the line "{Concerning top posting)" above
    > what you wrote in order for the reader to be able to figure out what you
    > are talking about is direct evidence that you do, in fact, top-post when
    > doing so endangers the logic and flow of your argument. Not that there is
    > any actual "logic" in a series of posts that consist of nothing but ad
    > hominens and pontification about your supposed rights and perogatives. My
    > time is too valuable to allow you to waste any more of it with posts that
    > contain zero useful content about Slackware, and thus I am now killfiling
    > you. Your decision to top-post will result in those here who are the most
    > knowledgable killfiling you as well, so if you ever need help with your
    > slackware system, that will be ... what was that phrase you used? Ah, I
    > remenber. That will be "Too Bad." Don't bother replying. I won't see it,
    > and those who reply to someone who has killfiled them are generally
    > considered to be pathetic and annoying. IHTH. HAND.
    >
    > *PLONK*
    >
    > --
    >
    > "The most hostile group was the one with high but unstable self
    > esteem. These people think well of themselves in general, but their
    > self-esteem fluctuates. They are especially prone to react
    > defensively to ego threats, and they are also more prone to hostility,
    > anger and aggression than other people.
    >
    > "These findings shed considerable light on the psychology of the
    > bully. Hostile people do not have low self esteem; on the contrary,
    > they think highly of themselves, But their favorable view of
    > themselves is not held with total conviction, and it goes up and down
    > in response to daily events. The bully has a chip on his shoulder
    > because he thinks you might want to deflate his favorable self image."
    >
    > Roy F. Baumeister
    > Evil: Inside Human Violence and Cruelty
    > p 149



  18. Re: Guy tried to hook my IP with <<Followup To: Poster>> field in

    anon wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:55:46 +0000, Guy Macon wrote:
    >> anon wrote:
    >>
    >> {Concerning top posting)
    >>
    >>> If I wish to say what I want before your guff is read then that
    >>> is my perogative. It is my message after all. Of course I would
    >>> not top-post if it endangered the logic or flow of any argument.
    >>> I only ever top-post when it is appropriate. Perhaps it is a
    >>> point too fine for you to see.

    >>
    >> The fact that I had to insert the line "{Concerning top posting)"

    >
    > How odd you are. There was no need for my message to be
    > specially titled. My message was self explanatory,
    > short and to the point. No title required and I think you will
    > find, when you become more experienced with usenet Guy, that that
    > is what the subject field is for though you may become a little
    > confused when some people change the subject field to either
    > signify a change in discussion or to force the thread elsewhere.
    > But that's advanced usenet in your case and you can leave that
    > for consideration on another day.


    .... snip about 85 useless lines ...

    Please get off this useless war. Try to trim posts, and
    concentrate on essentials.

    --




    cbfalconer at maineline dot net


    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


  19. Re: Guy Macon is a wonderful person who loves puppies, kittens and baby ducks. Trolls not so much...

    anon wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:03:51 -0500, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:47:28 +0100, anon wrote:
    >>
    >>> the pathetic subject line. I only looked in here yesterday and today to
    >>> see if there was anything interesting slackware wise, not throw up
    >>> (barf).

    >>
    >> A friggin top-poster, probably using Windoze. Why did you reply, if the
    >> thread isn't slackware-related? Do you even know what slackware is?
    >> Have you ever used it?
    >>
    >> You're no more a physicist than "rm" is an astronomer. Bugger off, n00b.

    >
    > You don't change do you, you're still the obnoxious twat all these years.
    >
    > You formerly frequented the mandrake ng where you were just as big a twat
    > also.
    >
    > As for what you have posted above about me and what computer system I use
    > etc, you'll never know, FOC.


    Hrm.....looks like RM now has a protege' I wonder why some people let
    their egos enhance their stupidity......Just can't fathom that thought.

    --
    humjohn AT aerosurf DOT net

+ Reply to Thread