Re: the details of Slackware 11.0 6CDs? - Slackware

This is a discussion on Re: the details of Slackware 11.0 6CDs? - Slackware ; STandard wrote: > I'm new on slackware, but I really install it on my tp240 laptop. > > as I know v11.0 totally has 6CDs, but I think may not required to > download at all. so anyone who know ...

  1. Re: the details of Slackware 11.0 6CDs?

    STandard wrote:
    > I'm new on slackware, but I really install it on my tp240 laptop.
    >
    > as I know v11.0 totally has 6CDs, but I think may not required to
    > download at all. so anyone who know which CD is a must, and each CD
    > consist of what packages???

    Since no one has posted this yet... the descriptions from the offical CDs:

    Disc 1: Slackware 11.0 Installation (A, AP, D, E, F, K, L, N, X, XAP Part 1)
    Linux Kernels

    Disc 2: Installation (KDE, T, TCL, XAP Part 2)
    Floppy Install Images
    Extra Packages (Part 1)

    Disc 3: Installation (KDEI)
    Extra Packages
    Testing Packages (Part 1)

    Disc 4: Source Code Part 1
    2.6.18 Linux Kernel Packages

    Disc 5: Slackware Book
    Old Packages
    Source Code Part 2
    ZipSlack

    Disc 6: Source Code Part 3 (KDE)

  2. Re: the details of Slackware 11.0 6CDs?

    re: melissa,

    thanks

    that's what I wanna to know =)

  3. Re: the details of Slackware 11.0 6CDs?

    "STandard" escreveu na mensagem
    news:1181623831.433077.49330@o11g2000prd.googlegro ups.com...
    > re: melissa,
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > that's what I wanna to know =)

    Hello there;

    You could also look for/purchase/download image of a DVD carrying the full
    Slackware 11.0 tree... Everything slack in one disc. Elegant and practical,
    unless your PC is not eqquiped with a DVD-ROM, of course...

    Cheers

    Paulo Costa

+ Reply to Thread