Another rip-off? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Another rip-off? - Sinclair ; I think "Solaris" (Sinclair User cover game by Theo Develegas, 1990) is a rip-off of "Speedzone" (Mastertronic, 1988). You have to play for a few minutes before you notice this, because Solaris has a prettier intro sequence and additional features ...

  1. Another rip-off?

    I think "Solaris" (Sinclair User cover game by Theo Develegas, 1990) is a
    rip-off of "Speedzone" (Mastertronic, 1988).

    You have to play for a few minutes before you notice this, because Solaris
    has a prettier intro sequence and additional features like AY music, but
    soon you begin to recognise the alien sprites and their movement patterns.

    Not just Harry Price, eh?

    Eq.

  2. Re: Another rip-off?

    Might be worth checking this list: