"ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE*** - Sinclair

This is a discussion on "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE*** - Sinclair ; To be available on November the 15th at your favorite web sites. "ZXAKURO" is a cross-puzzle game using digits instead of words. There is only one possible answer for each grid. Digits 1 to 9 can be used only once ...

  1. "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    To be available on November the 15th at your favorite web sites.

    "ZXAKURO" is a cross-puzzle game using digits instead of words.
    There is only one possible answer for each grid. Digits 1 to 9 can be
    used only once in each continuous row or column. This fantastic brain
    game has large grids and digits on a neat and clear screen. The most
    noticeable feature is the FAULT INDICATOR which is unique to the ZX81-
    TS1000 version. When ending a game, the cursor pinpoints the faulty
    square.

    GAME FEATURES:

    -Instructions accessible at any time during the game.
    -Any grid is accessible by code. (This allows you to re-start where
    you had previously stopped).
    -Large and well defined play grid and digits.
    -Clear and "colorful" screen.
    -25 grids of different shapes.
    -Fault indicator when ending a game. (The cursor will position itself
    in the faulty square).

    GAME OPTIONS:

    CODE: Allows you to access any grids.
    QUIT: Allows you to get out of the game. (Remember the CODE for
    later access).
    INFO: Allows you to re-look at the instructions
    ENTER: Grid verification bringing the next grid...or bringing the
    cursor to flash in the faulty square.

    See you on the 15th, ANDRE***
    http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

  2. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    Colourful... ZX81?

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "ANDRE***" wrote in message
    > To be available on November the 15th at your favorite web sites.
    >
    > "ZXAKURO" is a cross-puzzle game using digits instead of words.
    > There is only one possible answer for each grid. Digits 1 to 9 can be
    > used only once in each continuous row or column. This fantastic brain
    > game has large grids and digits on a neat and clear screen. The most
    > noticeable feature is the FAULT INDICATOR which is unique to the ZX81-
    > TS1000 version. When ending a game, the cursor pinpoints the faulty
    > square.
    >
    > GAME FEATURES:
    >
    > -Instructions accessible at any time during the game.
    > -Any grid is accessible by code. (This allows you to re-start where
    > you had previously stopped).
    > -Large and well defined play grid and digits.
    > -Clear and "colorful" screen.
    > -25 grids of different shapes.
    > -Fault indicator when ending a game. (The cursor will position itself
    > in the faulty square).
    >
    > GAME OPTIONS:
    >
    > CODE: Allows you to access any grids.
    > QUIT: Allows you to get out of the game. (Remember the CODE for
    > later access).
    > INFO: Allows you to re-look at the instructions
    > ENTER: Grid verification bringing the next grid...or bringing the
    > cursor to flash in the faulty square.
    >
    > See you on the 15th, ANDRE***
    > http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    > http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

  3. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    Brian Gaff wrote:
    > Colourful... ZX81?

    YES! The mix of black and white with the different "graphics",
    symbols and characters available on a ZX81-TS1000 makes the screen
    "COLOURFUL".

    The more I think about it...It would be a great idea to supply you
    ( and the ZX81-TS1000 fans) with a screen shot of the game. I will
    work on that.

    Have fun will travel, ANDRE***
    http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

  4. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    | Brian Gaff wrote:
    | > Colourful... ZX81?

    or "GREYFULY"...

    ;-)

  5. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    there is a black president in the white house ... also colouful :-))

    ANDRE*** schrieb:

    > Brian Gaff wrote:
    >> Colourful... ZX81?

    > YES! The mix of black and white with the different "graphics",
    > symbols and characters available on a ZX81-TS1000 makes the screen
    > "COLOURFUL".
    >
    > The more I think about it...It would be a great idea to supply you
    > ( and the ZX81-TS1000 fans) with a screen shot of the game. I will
    > work on that.
    >

    > Have fun will travel, ANDRE***
    > http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    > http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

  6. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    david lightman wrote:

    > there is a black president in the white house ... also colouful :-))

    pah
    Billy was red most of the time , and I could only see that he's
    having white hairs (gray... well. Errrm)

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  7. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    "GzavSnap" napísal v správe
    >| Brian Gaff wrote:
    > | > Colourful... ZX81?
    >
    > or "GREYFULY"...
    >
    > ;-)

    In TV shop a customer :
    - Do you have colour tellies ?
    - Of course we do.
    - Okay, then I want that yellow one.

  8. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    Not wanting to be picky here. It cannot be colourful, maybe the word is
    graphical or hi res?

    No picture here, due to lack of vision of course. I was just querying the
    use of the word as it might mislead. I can remember the colour add on for
    the zx 81 that had a little wire going inside and plugged onto the edge
    connector. I have no idea how it actually worked though.

    "ANDRE***" wrote in message

    > Brian Gaff wrote:
    >> Colourful... ZX81?

    > YES! The mix of black and white with the different "graphics",
    > symbols and characters available on a ZX81-TS1000 makes the screen
    > "COLOURFUL".
    >
    > The more I think about it...It would be a great idea to supply you
    > ( and the ZX81-TS1000 fans) with a screen shot of the game. I will
    > work on that.
    >

    > Have fun will travel, ANDRE***
    > http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    > http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

  9. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    There were no greys either, just hatched graphics.

    "GzavSnap" wrote in message
    >| Brian Gaff wrote:
    > | > Colourful... ZX81?
    >
    > or "GREYFULY"...
    >
    > ;-)

  10. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    Sorry sir, that is not a telly its a Microwave.

    "Bohus Král" wrote in message

    > "GzavSnap" napísal v správe
    >>
    >> or "GREYFULY"...
    >>
    >> ;-)

    > In TV shop a customer :
    > - Do you have colour tellies ?
    > - Of course we do.
    > - Okay, then I want that yellow one.

  11. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    Mixed race mixed race. Or should that be ethnically mixed?

    "david lightman" wrote in message
    > there is a black president in the white house ... also colouful :-))
    >
    > ANDRE*** schrieb:
    >>
    >> Brian Gaff wrote:
    >>> Colourful... ZX81?

    >> YES! The mix of black and white with the different "graphics",
    >> symbols and characters available on a ZX81-TS1000 makes the screen
    >> "COLOURFUL".
    >>
    >> The more I think about it...It would be a great idea to supply you
    >> ( and the ZX81-TS1000 fans) with a screen shot of the game. I will
    >> work on that.
    >>

    >> Have fun will travel, ANDRE***
    >> http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    >> http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

  12. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    Brian Gaff schrieb:
    > Not wanting to be picky here. It cannot be colourful, maybe the word is
    > graphical or hi res?
    >
    > No picture here, due to lack of vision of course. I was just querying the
    > use of the word as it might mislead. I can remember the colour add on for
    > the zx 81 that had a little wire going inside and plugged onto the edge
    > connector. I have no idea how it actually worked though.
    >
    > Brian

    In fact, the white is generated by red, green and blue phosphor glowing
    in the TV, and black is missing any of these base colours. A colour TV
    works this way, only B/W tellys got real Grey levels based on the
    intensity of the beam (Why not call these Grey levels TV?).
    So I also really ask myself why black people are called "coloured" if
    they are black? We, the white people are in fact the real "coloured".
    Black absorbs the full light spectrum, and white reflect the full light
    spectrum (all colours). That's the physics!

    LCD

  13. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 08:52:49 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

    > There were no greys either, just hatched graphics.

    Just stand well back and you'd never know. Add a colour screen overlay and
    you've got instant colour graphics (albeit with a limited colour palette :-)

  14. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    | There were no greys either, just hatched graphics.

    My Zx81 is plugged on a color TV ...
    But, it still with black and white colors!

  15. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    GzavSnap wrote:

    > | There were no greys either, just hatched graphics.
    >
    > My Zx81 is plugged on a color TV ...
    > But, it still with black and white colors!

    Mine became brown and black when I plugged it into my colour TV 8-)

  16. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    LCD wrote:
    > Brian Gaff schrieb:
    > > Not wanting to be picky here. It cannot be colourful, maybe the word is
    > > graphical or hi res?
    > >
    > > No picture here, due to lack of vision of course. I was just querying the
    > > use of the word as it might mislead. I can remember the colour add on for
    > > the zx 81 that had a little wire going inside and plugged onto the edge
    > > connector. I have no idea how it actually worked though.
    > >
    > > Brian
    > >

    > In fact, the white is generated by red, green and blue phosphor glowing
    > in the TV, and black is missing any of these base colours. A colour TV
    > works this way, only B/W tellys got real Grey levels based on the
    > intensity of the beam (Why not call these Grey levels TV?).
    > So I also really ask myself why black people are called "coloured" if
    > they are black? We, the white people are in fact the real "coloured".
    > Black absorbs the full light spectrum, and white reflect the full light
    > spectrum (all colours). That's the physics!
    >
    > LCD

    I am all confused now! I am using a green monitor with my ZX81.
    There are no shades of grey but shades of green. I guess "colourful"
    would be the proper word qualify my program "ZXAKURO" on a green or
    amber monitor.

    After seeing the program maybe you will have a better idea about the
    "colourful" ZX81-TS1000/1500 screen.

    Have fun will travel, ANDRE***
    http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

  17. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    ANDRE*** schrieb:

    > LCD wrote:
    >> Brian Gaff schrieb:
    >>> Not wanting to be picky here. It cannot be colourful, maybe the word is
    >>> graphical or hi res?
    >>>
    >>> No picture here, due to lack of vision of course. I was just querying the
    >>> use of the word as it might mislead. I can remember the colour add on for
    >>> the zx 81 that had a little wire going inside and plugged onto the edge
    >>> connector. I have no idea how it actually worked though.
    >>>
    >>> Brian
    >>>

    >> In fact, the white is generated by red, green and blue phosphor glowing
    >> in the TV, and black is missing any of these base colours. A colour TV
    >> works this way, only B/W tellys got real Grey levels based on the
    >> intensity of the beam (Why not call these Grey levels TV?).
    >> So I also really ask myself why black people are called "coloured" if
    >> they are black? We, the white people are in fact the real "coloured".
    >> Black absorbs the full light spectrum, and white reflect the full light
    >> spectrum (all colours). That's the physics!
    >>
    >> LCD

    > I am all confused now! I am using a green monitor with my ZX81.
    > There are no shades of grey but shades of green. I guess "colourful"
    > would be the proper word qualify my program "ZXAKURO" on a green or
    > amber monitor.
    >
    > After seeing the program maybe you will have a better idea about the
    > "colourful" ZX81-TS1000/1500 screen.
    >
    > Have fun will travel, ANDRE***
    > http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    > http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

    I saw the screenshot... Looks Greyish. Oh, by the way, I'm green-blind,
    so there is not much difference between green monitor or grey TV-set, at
    least not for me... Thats why I better operate with RGB values.

    LCD

    http://lcd-one.da.ru

  18. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    André !

    It's a "Colorful" , a "Greyful" or a "Greenful" game ?
    .... just a wonderful game!

    ;-)

  19. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    GzavSnap schrieb:
    > André !
    >
    > It's a "Colorful" , a "Greyful" or a "Greenful" game ?
    > ... just a wonderful game!
    >
    > ;-)

    "Greyful" and wonderful, I suppose. ;-)

  20. Re: "ZXAKURO", the new ZX81-TS1000 game by ANDRE***

    Bonjour "colourful" fans,

    I can not believe the uproar brought by the "colourful" screen seen
    in ZXAKURO.
    The word "COLOURFL" in the French language has a wider meaning then
    simply related to colour. It also means diverse, full of differences,
    great variety, which is what the program screen of "ZXAKURO"
    offers.

    Well, it is out of the bag I am a Quebecer of French descent and
    further up, for the region of Bonn in Germany. So now you know why the
    program is "colourful".

    The 15th of November is approching and I hope all of you will take a
    look at the "colourful" ZXAKURO.....and will send me you comments
    about the graphics, the animation, the keys choice, the game interest
    and also the "colourful" screen of the ZX81-TS1000/1500.

    Have fun will travel, ANDRE***
    http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

+ Reply to Thread