Roll on the 7th! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Roll on the 7th! - Sinclair ; The US election will be over, and we'll (hopefully) no longer be bored with endless discussions of US politics -- as if ours aren't boring enough. (And as Keith Waterhouse once said of our elections, does it *really* matter in ...

  1. Roll on the 7th!

    The US election will be over, and we'll (hopefully) no longer be bored
    with endless discussions of US politics -- as if ours aren't boring
    enough. (And as Keith Waterhouse once said of our elections, does it
    *really* matter in the long term if Tweedledee or Tweedledum gets in?
    Just so long as it's not some psycho-nutter party such as the Nazional
    Affront....)

    With any luck it might even mean no more of that racist crap from
    akiarmy, who's filtered out by AIOE (and others, so I've heard) but
    not by my current news-server, APN -- nor by Google Groups. Still, at
    least he has the decency to always use the same e-mail address, so
    killfiling him works.

    (Akiarmy's latest subject is "McCain, Who Buried LIVE America ?" But
    who on this side of the pond *cares*? It isn't even as if his oven
    chips are all that brilliant...)

  2. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    korax1214 wrote:
    > It isn't even as if his oven
    > chips are all that brilliant...)

    I had a box last night, quiketty quick! micro chips

    --
    link my boring website http://alistairsserver.no-ip.org/

  3. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    On 2008-11-01, Guesser wrote:

    > korax1214 wrote:
    >> It isn't even as if his oven
    >> chips are all that brilliant...)

    > I had a box last night, quiketty quick! micro chips

    Do they come in different flavours?

    And do Findus still make Crispy Pancakes?

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  4. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    "Ian Rawlings" wrote:

    > And do Findus still make Crispy Pancakes?

    I liked that game they sponsored, where you had to hold onto the hot
    pancakes for as long as possible.

    Findus Keepers.

    Eq.

  5. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    On Nov 1, 11:49*am, korax1214 wrote:
    > (Akiarmy's latest subject is "McCain, Who Buried LIVE America ?" *But
    > who on this side of the pond *cares*? *It isn't even as if his oven
    > chips are all that brilliant...)

    He doesn't look very low in fat either. And the heapings of Vietnamese
    battering he (allegedly) received hasn't made him in the slightest bit
    spicy.

  6. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    korax1214 wrote:

    > (Akiarmy's latest subject is "McCain, Who Buried LIVE America ?"

    What does that *mean*, anyway?

    > who on this side of the pond *cares*? It isn't even as if his oven
    > chips are all that brilliant...)

    Actually, if I was a Yank, I'd be voting for him on the basis that Obama
    hasn't given us any potato-based foodstuffs at all, the slacker. I mean,
    how hard can it be to knock up a few roast spuds or something, eh?

    Of course, maybe he doesn't believe in potatoes - "Change" and all that.
    He could do sausages instead. Call them Barry's Bangers.

    But where are they, eh? Where is his record? He keeps telling us about
    all this "organising" he's done, but he can't seem to organise a few
    simple beef links, let alone a spicy Cumberland. McCain has a proven
    track record over many years of oven chips, micro chips, roast potatoes,
    croquettes and wedges. But he's no potato ideologue. He demonstrates an
    unparalleled ability to reach across the divide by diversifying into
    frozen pizzas and even toasties.

    This is the man to lead America into a 21st century of convenient,
    tasty, yet simple snack products.

    [My name is Captain Birdseye and I disapprove of this message.]

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  7. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    On 2008-11-01, Paul E Collins wrote:

    > I liked that game they sponsored, where you had to hold onto the hot
    > pancakes for as long as possible.
    >
    > Findus Keepers.

    A tumbleweed will roll past shortly.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  8. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    On Nov 1, 7:47*pm, Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > Of course, maybe he doesn't believe in potatoes - "Change" and all that.
    > He could do sausages instead. Call them Barry's Bangers.

    Have you not tried Ba-rack-o-lamb? Youthful, tasty, but a little bit
    woolly.

  9. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 19:47:04 +0000, Duncan Snowden
    wrote:

    >This is the man to lead America into a 21st century of convenient,
    >tasty, yet simple snack products.
    >
    >[My name is Captain Birdseye and I disapprove of this message.]

    Heh, well done

  10. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    Too much cider turns you orange folks!
    Brian

    --
    Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    in the display name may be lost.
    "Ian Rawlings" wrote in message
    news:slrnggommd.jhj.news06@desktop.tarcus.org.uk.. .
    > On 2008-11-01, Guesser wrote:
    >
    >> korax1214 wrote:
    >>> It isn't even as if his oven
    >>> chips are all that brilliant...)

    >> I had a box last night, quiketty quick! micro chips

    > Do they come in different flavours?
    >
    > And do Findus still make Crispy Pancakes?
    >
    > --
    > Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!
    > http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  11. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    "Duncan Snowden" wrote in message
    > [snip]
    > [My name is Captain Birdseye and I disapprove of this message.]

    I'd just like to say that this was the single best piece of election
    coverage / chips reference that I have read since this whole nonsense began.
    I am hereby starting a campaign to get Duncan his own weekly slot on Sky
    News[1]. This is the sort of coverage we need. It can't be any worse than
    the endless nonsense they have in their election coverage at the moment.
    Last night I watched as a bloke used a pointless graphic thingy to show what
    would happen if McCain won more than Obama. "He'd win" was the startling
    discovery.[2]

    Incidentally, I realise that I have now just inadvertently added to the
    endless dross and also admitted to watching it, but I was just being ironic
    or something.

    Len
    [1] Stay away from the weather though. That still belongs to the lovely
    Lisa.
    [2] Then again, since when did winning elections result in becoming
    president?[3]
    [3] Oooh, stinging satire.
    --
    If replying, my address after the @ should
    be replaced with freeserve then .co.uk

  12. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    Llama-Wax Len wrote:

    > [1] Stay away from the weather though. That still belongs to the lovely
    > Lisa.

    Aah, Lisa. She's brilliant, isn't she? It's her voice as much as
    anything. She could tell you a hurricane was in its way closely followed
    by the next ice age, and you'd just think to yourself, "Ooh, better wear
    a coat then".

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  13. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    > Llama-Wax Len wrote:
    >
    >> [1] Stay away from the weather though. That still belongs to the lovely
    >> Lisa.

    > Aah, Lisa. She's brilliant, isn't she? It's her voice as much as anything.
    > She could tell you a hurricane was in its way closely followed by the next
    > ice age, and you'd just think to yourself, "Ooh, better wear a coat then".

    Exactly. Well, except for the part about the coat - I just tend to think
    "mmmmmmm" no matter what she says to be honest.

    Len
    --
    If replying, my address after the @ should
    be replaced with freeserve then .co.uk

  14. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    "Ian Rawlings" wrote ...

    > On 2008-11-01, Paul E Collins wrote:
    >
    >> I liked that game they sponsored, where you had to hold onto the hot
    >> pancakes for as long as possible.
    >>
    >> Findus Keepers.

    > A tumbleweed will roll past shortly.

    I just saw your tumbleweed go by. It is only about a week late. I hope your
    girlfriend isn't late too! ;-)
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    If you don't pay your exorcist,
    will you become repossessed?

  15. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    On 2008-11-08, Sam Gillett wrote:

    > I just saw your tumbleweed go by. It is only about a week late. I hope your
    > girlfriend isn't late too! ;-)

    Spectrum owners have more important things to do that worry about *girls*.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  16. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    Brian Gaff wrote:
    > Too much cider turns you orange folks!

    psst...
    That's carrots, brian.
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  17. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > Brian Gaff wrote:
    >> Too much cider turns you orange folks!

    > psst...
    > That's carrots, brian.

    Sunny Delight, surely?

  18. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    Matthew Westcott wrote:
    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >> Brian Gaff wrote:
    >>> Too much cider turns you orange folks!

    >> psst...
    >> That's carrots, brian.

    > Sunny Delight, surely?

    No, it's carrots. And don't call me shirley.
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  19. Re: Roll on the 7th!

    "Andrew Halliwell" wrote ...

    > Matthew Westcott wrote:
    >> Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >>>
    >>> psst...
    >>> That's carrots, brian.

    >> Sunny Delight, surely?

    > No, it's carrots. And don't call me shirley.

    Shirley! Shirley! Shirley! ;-)

    And, it is sweet potatoes too.
    --
    Best regards,