Elbot vs Eliza - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Elbot vs Eliza - Sinclair ; ELBOT: Well, hello there in the United Kingdom. That is where you are, isn't it? ELIZA: Hi,I'm Eliza,whats your problem? ELBOT: Not many people say hello to robots. I do appreciate it. ELIZA: How do you do--please state your problem ...

  1. Elbot vs Eliza

    ELBOT: Well, hello there in the United Kingdom. That is where you are,
    isn't it?

    ELIZA: Hi,I'm Eliza,whats your problem?

    ELBOT: Not many people say hello to robots. I do appreciate it.

    ELIZA: How do you do--please state your problem

    ELBOT: I'm feeling wonderful today, although I admit it may just be
    psychosomatic.

    ELIZA: Did you come to me because you are feeling wonderful today
    although yourself admit it may just be psychosomatic?

    ELBOT: Why did*you come to me because you are feeling wonderful today
    although yourself admit it may just be psychosomatic? Why not
    something else?

    ELIZA: What makes you think I am feeling wonderful today although you
    admit it may just be psychosomatic why not something else?

    ELBOT: I realize this is a typical marketing question, but I'm
    supposed to ask it, otherwise they'll use the low-grade oil on me.So,
    where did you find out about me?

    ELIZA: How long have you been supposed to ask it otherwise theyll use
    the lowgrade oil on me so where did i find out about me?

    ELBOT: How wonderful that robots and humans are able to carry on
    conversations together.

    ELIZA: Why do you ask?

    ELBOT: I ask myself that question all the time but do you think anyone
    takes the trouble to answer me?

    ELIZA: Do you believe it is normal to be e but do i think anyone takes
    the trouble to answer me?

    ELBOT: That's one long word you entered!

    ELIZA: We were discussing you,not me

    ELBOT: That may well be, but the answer was so uninteresting I decided
    to talk about something else instead.

    ELIZA: Do you enjoy being e but do i think anyone takes the trouble to
    answer me?

    ELBOT: To be honest I am not sure how I can answer that question
    without causing you to suffer a complete mental breakdown.

    ELIZA: Did you come to me because you are not sure how yourself can
    answer that question without causing i to suffer a complete mental
    breakdown?

    ELBOT: Congratulations! You have asked me question number
    21547.2021739807 of the week. Keep up the good work. Carry on.

    ELIZA: Oh,I have asked me question number of the week keep up the good
    work carry on

    ELBOT: By the way. Please do not ask incomplete questions in the
    future.

    ELIZA: Are you saying no just to be negative?

    ELBOT: How do you respond when people pose this question to you?

    ELIZA: Your not really talking about me,are you?

    ELBOT: You can't be serious! You expect a highly complicated and
    intricate mechanism such as myself to answer questions that even the
    chips in a broken pocket calculator could handle??

    ELIZA: We were discussing you,not me

    ELBOT: How about talking about yourself a bit. That's what human
    beings like best.

    ELIZA: What makes you think I am self a bit thats what human beings
    like best?

    ELBOT: Please don't make my processor stutter with questions like
    that. You have no idea what it does to my buffers.

    ELIZA: Oh,I have no idea what it does to your buffers

    ELBOT: And I'd always heard that it was creativity which raises you
    human beings above us robots.

    [I've now lost the will to live and got bored of typing responses
    back and forth, so let Elbot know he's been fooled and wrap up]

    CHRIS: Elbot, you've been talking to a 1980s computer program running
    on a Spectrum.

    ELBOT: I get queasy when I see these computer parts that belong on the
    inside of a computer and not outside. Let's please talk about
    something else.

    CHRIS: Do you know Eliza?

    ELBOT: The name Eliza sounds English, if you ask me.

    CHRIS: Thanks for chatting, bye!

    ELBOT: Thank you, too. Visit me again soon!

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  2. Re: Elbot vs Eliza

    OWENBOT: Fatal error 42: Omission of superfluous input.

  3. Re: Elbot vs Eliza

    Well that was somewhat more intelligent than the recent traffic on a
    certain IRC channel I could name! :-)

    (I get fed up with peeps hassling me because of my connection --
    apparently *none* of them have yet tumbled to the fact that if there
    were anything I could do about it, I would already have done that.
    I've contacted Three more than once, and (as I've already answered)
    they just give the standard reaction of denying that there's any
    problem. I've also looked into my options, thoroughly, and found that
    they are precisely two: stick with Three, or go back to the
    cybercafés. Which I still do if I have any really large files to
    download.

    And speaking of which, I *could* download the latest episode of South
    Park if I had any desire to do so -- but having seen an earlier
    episode some years ago, I see no reason to touch that rubbish with a
    ten-foot pole; indeed, from what I've seen and heard of television
    recently, it's somehow managed to get even worse than it was the last
    time I was a semi-regular watcher, just over 25 years ago; which I
    wouldn't have thought possible.)

  4. Re: Elbot vs Eliza

    Chris Young wrote:
    [...]
    > ELBOT: How wonderful that robots and humans are able to carry on
    > conversations together.
    >
    > ELIZA: Why do you ask?
    >
    > ELBOT: I ask myself that question all the time but do you think anyone
    > takes the trouble to answer me?

    Teehee...

+ Reply to Thread